Roposo is an Indian video-sharing social media service, owned by Glance, a subsidiary of InMobi. Roposo provides a space where users can share posts related to different topics like food, comedy, music, poetry, fashion and travel. It is a platform where people express visually with homemade videos and photos. The app offers a TV-like browsing experience with user-generated content on its channels. Users can also use editing tools on the platform and upload their content.
|Initial release||19 November 2014|
|Available in||12 languages|
|Type of business||Private|
In November 2019, Roposo was acquired by InMobi's Glance Digital Experience Pvt. Ltd.(the mobile content platform and part of the InMobi Group). When the Chinese-owned video-sharing app Tiktok was banned on 30 June 2020, the app saw a huge spike in users with several TikTok users registering on Roposo.
The open platform has some features such as a TV-like browsing, different channels, a chat feature that lets buyers and sellers converse directly through the platform, and creation tools such as an option to add voice-over, music and GIF stickers for videos and photos.
- "Roposo: Indian Short Video App. Viral Funny Videos - Apps on Google Play". Google Play. Retrieved 22 March 2021.
- "Roposo-Watch & Make Fun Videos on the App Store". App Store. Retrieved 22 March 2021.
- "Glance". www.glance.com. Retrieved 28 June 2020.
- Khan, Taslima (17 August 2017). "Social site Roposo reboots as a 'TV by the People'". The Economic Times. Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- "Want to be a content creator? Roposo's #TrulySwadeshi platform may be able to help". The Economic Times. 19 August 2017. Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- "India's 1st unicorn InMobi's Glance buys IITians' video app Roposo". Inshorts - Stay Informed. Retrieved 26 November 2019.
- "This Indian platform added 22mln users in just 2 days after TikTok ban". Hindustan Times Tech. 5 July 2020. Retrieved 6 July 2020.
- "Social site Roposo reboots as a 'TV by the People'". Times of IndiaXBCBC. 17 August 2017. Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- "Roposo's new app explores homemade videos, photos through digital platform". Business Standard India. Business Standard. 18 August 2017. Retrieved 14 December 2017.