Roposo is a social entertainment platform where people express visually with homemade videos and photos. Catering to users aged between 16 and 35 years, the app offers a TV-like browsing experience with user-generated content on its channels. Users can also use editing tools on the platform and upload their content.
|Type of business||Privately held company|
Type of site
|Social entertainment platform|
|Founder(s)||Mayank Bhangadia (CEO), Avinash Saxena and Kaushal Shubhank|
|Parent||Relevant E-solutions Pvt. Ltd.|
|Alexa rank||135,655 |
Established in July 2014, under the aegis of Relevant E-solutions Pvt. Ltd., Roposo is the brainchild of three IIT Delhi alumni – Mayank Bhangadia, Avinash Saxena and Kaushal Shubhank. Roposo was positioned initially as a fashion social network and later introduced its version 2.0, Roposo - TV by the People.
The open platform has some features such as a TV-like browsing, different channels, a chat feature that lets buyers and sellers converse directly through the platform, and creation tools such as an option to add voice-over, music and GIF stickers for videos and photos. Apple,an American multinational technology company, featured Roposo in their Indian Independence Day special edition in August 2016.
- "Roposo.com Traffic Statistics". Alexa.com. Retrieved 2019-03-27.
- "Social site Roposo reboots as a 'TV by the People'". The Economic Times. 2017-08-17. Retrieved 2017-12-14.
- "Want to be a content creator? Roposo's #TrulySwadeshi platform may be able to help". The Economic Times. 2017-08-19. Retrieved 2017-12-14.
- "Social site Roposo reboots as a 'TV by the People'". Times of IndiaXBCBC. 2017-08-17. Retrieved 2017-12-14.
- "Roposo's new app explores homemade videos, photos through digital platform". Business Standard. 2017-08-18. Retrieved 2017-12-14.