Ronald Duncan (alpine skier)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ronald 'Boris' Duncan CPhys (born 4 September 1962) is a former British alpine skier who competed on the annual FIS Alpine Ski World Cup circuit from 1981-1993, at four FIS Alpine World Ski Championships and at the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary and the 1992 Winter Olympics in Albertville. He set up @UK PLC in 1999.
In 1980 and 1983, Duncan was the British men's downhill champion. He was also the men's Super-G champion in 1991 and men's combined champion in 1983 and 1991. Duncan's best finish on the world cup circuit was in the downhill on 15 March 1990, when he finished in 13th place at Are in Sweden.
At the 1988 Winter Olympics, Duncan finished 37th in the men's downhill and 'did not finish' the men's combined. In the 1992 Winter Olympics he finished 31st in the men's downhill, 40th in the men's Super-G and 'did not finish' the men's combined.
From 2002-04 Duncan was the chairman of the British Ski and Snowboard Federation, trading as Snowsport GB, the governing body for skiing and snowboarding in Great Britain.
Duncan is the co-founder and chairman of @UK PLC. Previously, he ran a computer software consultancy. In 2014 and 2015 he was shortlisted for Entrepreneur of the Year, at the Grant Thornton Quoted Company Awards.
- "Boris Duncan". Sports Reference. 2000. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- "Ronald Duncan". International Ski Federation. 2013. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- "Former skier takes on dotcom giants with 'Amazon for business'". The Daily Telegraph. 8 April 2014. Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- "British Championships Trophy Winners" (PDF). www.britski.org. 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2013.[permanent dead link]
- "Official Results - Are". International Ski Federation. 15 March 1990. Archived from the original on 29 June 2013. Retrieved 28 October 2013.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Cloudbuy PLC". Reuters. 2017. Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- "Board". @UK plc. 2013. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- "CloudBuy's Chairman and CIO Shortlisted for Entrepreneur of the Year". MarketWatch. 13 November 2013. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- "2014 Short List and Winners - Quoted Company Awards". Grant Thornton International. 2015. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
- "2015 Short List and Winners - Quoted Company Awards". Grant Thornton International. 2015. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
|This biographical article relating to alpine skiing in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|