This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2021) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ronald Bergan (1937–2020), was a writer for The Guardian, Radio Times writer, journalist, biographer, film historian, International Festival of Independent Cinema Off Camera (the head of the Jury), Film Festival Juror, founding president of FEDEORA (Federation of Film Critics of Europe and the Mediterranean) in May 2010 in Cannes, and film critic.
Ronald Bergan (Ph.D. English. Lit), was born in South Africa and educated there, in England, and in the United States. In France, he taught literature, theater, and film at the Sorbonne, the British Institute in Paris, and the University of Lille. He held a Chair at the Florida International University in Miami where he taught Film History and Theory. He lectured on film history at FAMU in Prague.
- Bergan, Ronald, ed. (2008). François Truffaut : interviews. Jackson: University Press of Mississippi. ISBN 9781934110140.
- Ronald Bergan. (1994) Jean Renoir: Projections of Paradise
- Ronald Bergan. Robyn Karney. Bloomsbury Foreign Film Guide (London: Bloomsbury, 1988, 1991),
- known as the Holt Foreign Film Guide,
- then The Faber Companion to Foreign Films in the United States
- Bergan, Ronald. The Coen Brothers, Second Edition. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 978-1-62872-624-4.
- Bergan, Ronald. Sergei Eisenstein: A Life in Conflict. Skyhorse. ISBN 978-1-62872-626-8.
- Bergan, Ronald. The Film Book. Penguin. ISBN 978-0-7566-9188-2.
- Bergan, Ronald. The United Artists Story. Octopus. ISBN 978-0-7064-2581-9.
- Bergan, Ronald. The Life and Times of the Marx Brothers. Green Wood. ISBN 978-1-872532-08-0.
- Bergan, Ronald. The Life and Times of Laurel and Hardy. Green Wood. ISBN 978-1-872532-07-3.
- Great Theatres of London
- Francis Coppola: The Making of His Movies
- Jean Renoir: Projections of Paradise
- Anthony Perkins: A Haunted Life
- Isms: Understanding Film
- The Eyewitness Guide To Film
- Lloyd, Ann; Hill, Rob; Bergan, Ronald; Darke, Chris; Frost-Sharratt, Cara Frost-Sharratt (2010). 501 must-see movies. San Diego, CA: Thunder Bay Press. ISBN 978-1607100881.
- Bergan, Ronald (1989). Beyond the fringe ... and beyond : a critical biography of Alan Bennett, Peter Cook, Jonathan Miller and Dudley Moore. London: Virgin. ISBN 9781852271756.
- "Ronald Bergan". the Guardian. Retrieved 22 March 2021.
- "Ronald Bergan". LibraryThing. Retrieved 22 March 2021.
- "Ronald Bergan obituary". the Guardian. 28 July 2020. Retrieved 22 March 2021.
- "Ronald Bergan (1937-2020)". Sabzian.be (in Dutch). Retrieved 22 March 2021.
- "Ronald Bergan 1937 – 2020". International Federation of Film Critics. Retrieved 22 March 2021.
- "Fedeora - Federation of Film Critics of Europe and Mediterranean". web.archive.org. Archived from the original on 23 January 2021. Retrieved 23 March 2021.
- James, Caryn (1 September 1994). "BOOKS OF THE TIMES; A Film Maker Defies Biographers". The New York Times. Retrieved 23 March 2021.
- Anderson, John (22 August 1999). "`Illusion' Comes Back to Life / Jean Renoir's classic 1937 anti-war film rereleased". SFGATE. Retrieved 22 March 2021.
- Rubenstein, Joshua (27 June 1999). "The Dictator's Cut". The New York Times. Retrieved 23 March 2021.