Ron Wallace (singer)
Ron Wallace (born in Pompano Beach, Florida) and raised in Kansas City, Missouri, is an American country music singer-songwriter. Wallace was signed to Sony/Columbia Records and charted one single on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart. He released an EP, It Must Be Love, independently in late March 2015.
Wallace moved to Nashville in 1987, where he found work as a demo singer. He sang background vocals on Faith Hill's 1993 album Take Me as I Am and Ty Herndon's 1995 debut What Mattered Most. In 1994, Wallace signed to Columbia Records. His debut single, "I'm Listening Now", was released in August 1995. Deborah Evans Price of Billboard gave the song a favorable review, writing that "Wallace has a strong voice and displays a rather moving interpretive ability." It peaked at number 65 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart. Columbia released Wallace's album, Bound and Determined, on October 17, 1995. A second single, "Left Hand of God", was issued the following month.
|Bound and Determined||
|It Must Be Love (EP)||
|1995||"I'm Listening Now"||65||Bound and Determined|
|"Left Hand of God"||—|
|2015||"It Must Be Love"||—||It Must Be Love (EP)|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|1995||"I'm Listening Now"|
|2015||"It Must Be Love"|
- "Ron Wallace Homepage". http://www.ronwallaceofficial.com/bio/. 2019-01-22. External link in
- Flippo, Chet (September 9, 1995). "Demo Singer Ron Wallace Steps Out". Billboard. Retrieved February 9, 2014.
- "Take Me as I Am – Faith Hill | Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved February 9, 2014.
- What Mattered Most (Media notes). Ty Herndon. Epic Records. 1995. 66397.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "I'm Listening Now – Ron Wallace". AllMusic. Retrieved February 9, 2014.
- Price, Deborah Evans (August 19, 1995). "Single Reviews". Billboard. Retrieved February 9, 2014.
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 446. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "Left Hand of God – Ron Wallace". AllMusic. Retrieved February 9, 2014.
|This article about an American country singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|