Rome Free Academy
Rome Free Academy is located in Rome, New York, United States, at the former site of Griffiss Air Force Base. The school opened at this location in September 2002, having previously been located at 500 Turin St. This former site is the current location of Rome Free Academy's athletic facilities. It currently[when?] has an enrollment of approximately 1600 students in grades 9-12. It serves as the high school for the city of Rome.
Rome Free Academy offers a general high school education through a regular curriculum of mathematics, social studies, English, science, art, music, health, and a selected foreign language. Languages offered include Spanish, French, and Italian. Rome Free Academy also includes a multiple business classes.
Rome Free Academy's sports teams are called the Black Knights. The school's athletic colors are black and orange.  Notable in recent history is the addition of a comprehensive Positive Behavior Initiatives and Support (PBIS) initiative, which includes a range of measures to improve student behavior. Recent changes include the addition of large graphics promoting the initiative in hallways, as well as a behavior rewards system based on miniature coins known as K-Coins, which can be redeemed for small rewards. 
- http://rome.ny.schoolwebpages.com/education/school/schoolhistory.php?sectiondetailid=10671& Schoolwebpages.com
- http://romenewyork.com/index.asp?org=71 City of Rome, NY website
- http://www.romecsd.org Rome School District website
- http://rome.ny.schoolwebpages.com/education/components/scrapbook/default.php?sectionid=11&url_redirect=1 Schoolwebpages.com
- "RFA Class Of 1976 Graduate Rob Manfred Voted Next Commissioner Of Baseball". Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- "Rome Arts Hall of Fame 2015 Inductees". Retrieved August 7, 2014.
|This New York (state) school–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|