The Diocese of Tacuarembó (Latin: Dioecesis Tacuarembiana) is a Latin Church ecclesiastical territory or diocese of the Catholic Church in Uruguay. It is a suffragan diocese in the ecclesiastical province (covering all Uruguay) of the metropolitan Archdiocese of Montevideo.
Diocese of Tacuarembó
|Area||24,808 km2 (9,578 sq mi)|
- Catholics (including non-members)
|(as of 2010)|
|Sui iuris church||Latin Church|
|Established||22 October 1960 (61 years ago)|
|Cathedral||Catedral de San Fructuoso|
|Bishop||Pedro Ignacio Wolcan Olano|
The diocese was created in 1960, from the Diocese of Florida and is a suffragan of the Archdiocese of Montevideo. It covers the Departments of Tacuarembó and Rivera. Its see is at the Cathedral of Tacuarembó.
- Carlos Parteli Keller † (3 Nov 1960 Appointed – 26 February 1966 Appointed, Coadjutor Archbishop of Montevideo)
- Miguel Balaguer † (26 Feb 1966 Appointed – 28 January 1983 Resigned)
- Daniel Gil Zorrilla, S.J. (28 Jan 1983 Appointed – 8 March 1989 Appointed, Bishop of Salto)
- Julio César Bonino † (20 Dec 1989 Appointed – 8 August 2017 Died in office)
- Pedro Ignacio Wolcan Olano, (from 19 June 2018)