Roman Catholic Diocese of Pangkal-Pinang
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Pangkal-Pinang (Latin: Pangkalpinangen(sis)) is a diocese in the Ecclesiastical province of te metropolitan Archdiocese of Palembang on South Sumatra in Indonesia, yet depends on the missionary Roman Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples.
Diocese of Pangkal-Pinang
Keuskupan Pangkal Pinang
|Area||30,442 km2 (11,754 sq mi)|
- Catholics (including non-members)
|(as of 2004)|
|Cathedral||Cathedral of St Joseph in Pangkal Pinang|
|Bishop||Adrianus Sunarko O.F.M.|
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Aloysius Sudarso S.C.J.|
As per 2010, it pastorally served 49,600 Catholics (2.1% of 2,358,000 total) on 30,442 km2 in 14 parishes with 62 priests (50 diocesan, 12 religious), 88 lay religious (18 brothers, 70 sisters) and 30 seminarians.
(all Roman Rite, so far members of missionary congregations)
- Apostolic Prefects of Bangka e Biliton
- Mgr Teodosio Herckenrath, Picpus Fathers, SS.CC. born Netherlands, the colonial homeland) (18 January 1924 – death 1928)
- Mgr Vito Bouma, SS.CC. (born Netherlands) (29 May 1928 – 1945)
- Mgr Van Soest, SS.CC. (born Netherlands) (1946-1951) as Apostolic Administrator vicar Apostolic Prefects of Bangka, Belitung and Riau
- Apostolic Vicar of Pangkal-Pinang
- Nicolas Pierre van der Westen, SS.CC. (born Netherlands) (8 February 1951 – 3 January 1961 see below), Titular Bishop of Bladia (1951.02.08 – 1961.01.03)
- Suffragan Bishops of Pangkal-Pinang
- Nicolas Pierre van der Westen, SS.CC. (see above 3 January 1961 – retired 11 November 1978), died 1982
- Mgr Rolf Reichenbach, SS.CC. (born in Cologne, in 1931, death in 2004) 1979-1987 as Apostolic Administrator of Diocese of Pangkalpinang
- Mgr Hilarius Moa Nurak, Divine Word Missionaries (S.V.D.) (born Indonesia) (30 March 1987 – death 29 April 2016)
- Mgr Yohanes Harun Yuwono Pr. (29 April 2016 – 28 June 2017) as Apostolic Administrator of Diocese of Pangkalpinang
- Mgr Adrianus Sunarko, O.F.M. (born Papua) (28 June 2017 - ...), no previous prelature.