The Roman Catholic Diocese of Kharkiv-Zaporizhzhia (Latin: Dioecesis Kharkiviensis-Zaporizhiensis) is a diocese of the Latin Rite of the Catholic Church in Ukraine. Pavlo Honcharuk is the current bishop of the diocese. The diocesan seat is the Cathedral of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Kharkiv, and the co-cathedral is the Co-Cathedral of the Merciful Father in Zaporizhzhia.
Diocese of Kharkiv-Zaporizhzhia
|Area||196,300 km2 (75,800 sq mi)|
- Catholics (including non-members)
|(as of 2019)|
|Established||May 4, 2002|
|Cathedral||Кафедральний собор Успіння Пресвятої Діви Марії|
Cathedral of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Kharkiv
|Co-cathedral||Прокафедральний собор Бога Отця Милосердного|
Co-Cathedral of the Merciful Father, Zaporizhzhia
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Mieczysław Mokrzycki|
|Auxiliary Bishops||Jan Sobilo|
|Bishops emeritus||Marian Buczek|
Location of the Diocese of Kharkiv-Zaporizhzhia
The diocese was created in 2002, when territory from the dioceses of the Diocese of Kamyanets-Podilskyi, and the Diocese of Kyiv-Zhytomyr was split off and merged. The result created two dioceses with Catholic of around 5 percent, and one diocese with only 0.4, which is one of the lowest for any diocese.
The diocese is a suffragan of the Archdiocese of Lviv of the Latins.
- Bishop Stanislaw Padewski, O.F.M.Cap. (4 May 2002 – 19 March 2009)
- coadjutor bishop Marian Buczek (16 July 2007 – 19 March 2009)
- Bishop Marian Buczek (19 March 2009 – 12 April 2014)
- auxiliary bishop Jan Sobilo (30 October 2010 – present), titular bishop of Bulna
- Bishop Stanislav Shyrokoradiuk, O.F.M. (12 April 2014 – 2 February 2019)
- Apostolic Administrator Stanislav Shyrokoradiuk, O.F.M. (2 February 2019 – 6 January 2020)
- Bishop Pavlo Honcharuk (since 6 January 2020)