Rolls-Royce North America
Rolls-Royce North America, Inc. is a subsidiary of multinational corporation Rolls-Royce plc. The American unit operates under a Special Security Arrangement which allows it to work independently on some of the most sensitive United States defense programs despite its foreign ownership. It is involved principally with providing management direction and corporate support for all Rolls-Royce businesses and operations in North America, encompassing more than 7,000 employees at 66 locations across the U.S. and Canada. Its headquarters are in Reston, Virginia.
Number of employees
|6,000 in United States  |
1,000 in Canada 
The most significant part of Rolls-Royce North America is "Rolls-Royce Corporation", formerly the Allison Engine Company. Other subsidiaries include:
- Rolls-Royce Canada Limited
- Rolls-Royce Marine North America Inc.
- Rolls-Royce Defense Services, Inc.
- Rolls-Royce North America Ventures, Inc.
- Rolls-Royce Power Systems
- MTU America
The Allison Advanced Development Company (also known as LibertyWorks) was established in 1995 as a result of Rolls-Royce plc's acquisition of the Allison Engine Company. As well as establishing a proxy board for Allison, Rolls-Royce was required to vest Allison's classified projects in Allison Advanced Development Company. In 2005, Rolls-Royce changed the name to Rolls-Royce North American Technologies.
- "Rolls-Royce in North America". www.rolls-royce.com. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- official site Archived 2008-12-04 at the Wayback Machine