Roger Awan-Scully, political scientist and academic. He wrote a book called Becoming Europeans? Attitudes, Behaviour, and Socialization in the European Parliament, and co-authored Representing Europe’s Citizens? Electoral Institutions and the Failure of Parliamentary Representation in Europe and Wales Says Yes: Devolution and the 2011 Welsh Referendum. He is full professor of political science at the School of Law and Politics of Cardiff University. He is principal investigator for the ESRC-funded 2016 Welsh Election Study. Scully studied at the University of Lancaster and the University of Durham, and earned a PhD from Ohio State University. He was lecturer in European politics at Brunel University from 1997 to 1999, and joined Aberystwyth University in January 2000. At Aberystwyth, he was promoted to senior lecturer (2004) and reader (2006), before becoming professor of political science in 2007., known as Roger Scully, is a British
|Occupation||Professor of political science|
|Alma mater||Ohio State University|
Awards and distinctionsEdit
Scully was elected an Academician of the Academy of Social Sciences (FAcSS) in 2010, and a Fellow of the Learned Society of Wales (FLSW) in 2011. He is also a Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society. He was awarded the Political Studies Association’s award for Political Studies Communicator of the Year 2017.
Scully also writes for the New Statesman and talks about elections and politics on Sky News, BBC Wales, World Service, NPR, Channel 4, News Channel, LBC, BBC Radio 4, BBC Radio 5 Live, ITV, and ABC. In 2013 he started a blog entitled Elections in Wales, on which he discusses electoral politics and political representation.
- van Schendelen, Rinus; Scully, Roger, eds. (2003). The unseen hand: unelected EU legislators. London: Frank Cass. ISBN 978-0714655642.
- Scully, Roger (2005). Becoming Europeans? attitudes, behaviour, and socialization in the European Parliament. Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0199284320.
- Farrell, David M.; Scully, Roger (2007). Representing Europe's citizens? electoral institutions and the failure of parliamentary representation. Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0199285020.
- Wyn Jones, Richard; Scully, Roger, eds. (2010). Europe, Regions and European Regionalism. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan. ISBN 978-1349312191.
- Wyn Jones, Richard; Scully, Roger (2012). Wales says yes: devolution and the 2011 Welsh referendum. Cardiff: University of Wales Press. ISBN 978-0708324851.
- Awan-Scully, Roger (2018) The End of British Party Politics. London Biteback Publishing. ISBN 9781785903151
- "Professor Roger Scully". Cardiff University. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "The 2016 Welsh Election Study: a study of the 2016 election to the National Assembly for Wales". RCUK gateway to publicly funded research. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "Roger Scully". The Conversation. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "Latest news". Cardiff University. Retrieved 2019-01-03.