Robinson may refer to:
People and namesEdit
- Robinson Crusoe, the main character, and title of a novel by Daniel Defoe, published in 1719
- Robinson projection, a map projection used since the 1960s to show the entire world in two dimensions
- Robinson (crater), a small lunar impact crater southwest of the large walled plain J. Herschel
- United States
- Robinson, Illinois
- Robinson, Iowa
- Robinson, Kansas
- Robinson, Kentucky
- Robinson, Minnesota
- Robinson, North Dakota
- Robinson, Texas
- Robinson, Washington
- Robinson Township, Pennsylvania (disambiguation), two townships in the Pittsburgh Metro Area with the same name
- United Kingdom
- Robinson (Lake District), a 737 m hill in England's Lake District
- Robinson College, Cambridge, a college in England's University of Cambridge
- Robinson (Paris RER), a commuter train station in Paris
- USS Robinson, the name of more than one United States Navy ship
- USS Jack C. Robinson (DE-671), a United States Navy destroyer escort converted during construction into the high-speed transport USS Jack C. Robinson (APD-72)
- USS Jack C. Robinson (APD-72), a United States Navy high-speed transport in commission from 1945 to 1946
Businesses, products and manufacturersEdit
- Robinson Helicopter Company, a rotorcraft manufacturer.
- Robinson Knives, a series of folding knives produced by FACOSA S.A. Coutellerie, La Monnerie-le-Montel, Arrondissement de Thiers, France.
- Robinson Terminal Warehouse Corporation, a warehouse company based in Alexandria, Virginia, that owns warehouses in Virginia and Maryland and two deep-water shipping terminals on the Potomac River.
- E. S. & A. Robinson, former paper and packaging manufacturer in Bristol, England.
- Robinson Publishing Ltd, a UK publisher, now part of Constable & Robinson.
- Robinson & Co., a department store chain in Singapore and Malaysia, joint venture in Thailand with Central Group
- Robinson list, a list that contains addresses or phone numbers of people who do not want to be contacted by marketers
- Robinson–Patman Act, a U.S. law that prohibits anti-competitive practices by producers and specifically price discrimination.
- H. B. Robinson Nuclear Generating Station, a nuclear power plant in the U.S. state of South Carolina
Arts and entertainmentEdit
- I Robinson, the title used in Italy for The Cosby Show
- Robinson (artist), the German Illustrator Werner Kruse
- Expedition Robinson, the first worldwide production of the 'Robinson/Survivor' format
- The Swiss Family Robinson, a novel published in 1812, about a Swiss family, shipwrecked on the way to Australia
- Robinson (novel), by Muriel Spark
- Robinson, a novel by Chris Petit.