Roberto Rosario Gonzalez; is a Puerto Rican software engineer, best known for his work evangelising and promoting Free Software use and creation in the government of Puerto Rico, and for his initiaves towards citizen open access to government data as well as civic hacking promotion. He is also a civil rights activist and privacy advocate, creating software in one instance specifically designed to circument the measures proposed by the SOPA legislation. He promotes the increase of students into STEM careers by sponsoring and volunteering at student hackathons  and also by sponsoring groups that work towards increasing the amount of women into STEM fields.
Roberto Rosario at PyCon Italia 2015
|Born||Roberto Rosario González|
|Known for||Mayan (software)|
On April 14, 2015, Rosario announced the creation of Python Latino, an initiative to create the Latinamerican Python community. He is currently the main organizer of the initiative. As an extension of his desire to help create and grow the Latinamerican Python community, Rosario on April 30, 2015, announced his intention to run in the 2015 Python Software Foundation Board of Directors election. Being the first PSF candidate of Latino origins, his move has been applauded by members of the Python community, specially for his desire to turn PyCon Cuba from a joke  into a reality.
In August, 2012 it was discovered that there were companies redistributing the software Mayan EDMS under terms that violated the software's license. Roberto Rosario as copyright holder of the software in question made the discovery public which resulted in a discussion of the rights of the copyright holders under the GPL license.
- "DjangoCon 2014- Liberation and modernization of government legacy data using Django". September 24, 2014.
- "LIBRE API".
- "Gobierno invita a "hackear" a las agencias públicas".
- "Gobierno provee herramientas para el desarrollo de aplicaciones".
- "Esto no es una SOPA, ni una PIPA". February 24, 2012.
- "9-febrero-12: Esto no es una SOPA, ni una PIPA en la USC".
- "Open Relay Internals".
- "HackPR Judges".
- "Include Girls: Practical Conference about Cryptography".
- "Python Latino Twitter announcement".
- "Python Latino website".
- "PSF election candidacy announcement".
- "Past PSF Board of Directors members".
- "Python Hispano's Tweet regarding Rosario's candidacy".
- "Endorsement by Anna Martelli Ravenscroft, Python Cookbook co-author, past PSF board member".
- "Original April's Fool PSF post".
- "Glyphs' (PSF Fellow) post about the PSF joke".
- "Red Hat's Flavio Percoco post about the PSF joke".
- "Rosario's candidacy goals".
- "Open source author pulls code after GPL abuse".
- "Mayan GPL Dispute Examined".
- "Negative to Positive: Interview with Mayan Developer Roberto Rosario".