Robert Elias Fries
(Klas) Robert Elias Fries (11 July 1876, Uppsala – 29 January 1966, Stockholm), the youngest son of Theodor Magnus Fries (1832–1913) and grandson of Elias Magnus Fries(1794–1878) and an expert on mushrooms. A Swedish botanist who was a member of the British Mycological Society and involved with The Botanical Museum (UPS), Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem, Natural History Museum (BM), the National Botanic Garden of Belgium (BR), Conservatoire et Jardin botaniques de la Ville de Genève (G), Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew (K),the Swedish Museum of Natural History Department of Phanerogamic Botany (S) and the United States National Herbarium, Smithsonian Institution (US).
A collector of plants from 1901 through 1923 in Europe: Sweden; Tropical Africa: Kenya; Tropical South America: Bolivia; Temperate South America: Argentina. He sometimes worked with his father and his brother Thore Christian Elias Fries (1886–1931).
Professor Bergianus at the Bergius Foundation in Stockholm and head of its garden, Bergianska trädgården. He published works on mycology, plant geography, and systematics. This botanist is denoted by the author abbreviation R.E.Fr. when citing a botanical name.
- International Organization for Plant Information (IOPI). "Author Details". International Plant Names Index. Retrieved 2008-05-06.
- "Robert Elias Fries". Taxon. International Association for Plant Taxonomy (IAPT). 15 (3): 128. Mar 1966. JSTOR 1216641.
- Anders Backlund (2006-02-03). "The Fries Family of Botanists". Uppsala University. Retrieved 2008-05-06.
- "Fries, Robert Elias" (in French). 2004-06-21. Retrieved 2008-05-06.
- Aluka. "Fries, (Klas) Robert Elias (1876-1966)". African Plants. Ithaka Harbors, Inc. Retrieved 2008-05-06.
- Brummitt, R. K.; C. E. Powell (1992). Authors of Plant Names. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. ISBN 1-84246-085-4.
|Wikispecies has information related to Robert Elias Fries.|