Robert B. Bluey (born August 23, 1979) is an American conservative blogger and journalist. He is executive editor of The Heritage Foundation's The Daily Signal, a multimedia news organization. Bluey is a former editor of Human Events. He has written for The Daily Caller, RedState, Andrew Breitbart's "Big Government" and the Washington Examiner.
Robert B. Bluey
|Alma mater||Ithaca College|
|Occupation||Vice president of publishing at The Heritage Foundation, editor-in-chief of The Daily Signal|
|Employer||The Heritage Foundation|
Early life and educationEdit
Bluey was born in upstate New York and graduated from Ithaca College with a bachelor's degree in journalism. While a student, Bluey was the editor of the college newspaper, The Ithacan. After graduating, he spent one year as a fellow at the Student Press Law Center in Arlington, Virginia.
Bluey became managing editor and later online editor at Human Events, where he developed the paper's first blog. In 2006, Bluey co-founded "The Bloggers Briefing", a weekly policy discussion among conservative bloggers, politicians and activists. Guests included Congressmen John Boehner, Eric Cantor and Paul Ryan, Senators Tom Coburn, Jim DeMint and Jim Inhofe, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, talk-show host Herman Cain, and reporter Robert Novak. Bluey was one of a handful of bloggers invited to attend the bill-signing ceremony of the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006. He also co-authored the Sunlight Foundation’s Open House Project, which aimed to increase online transparency in Congress.
In 2007, Bluey was hired at the Heritage Foundation, where he became editor of the foundation’s web site and helped create its blog, The Foundry. Campaigns & Elections named Bluey one of its "rising stars of 2008," and Politico called him one of the "top 50 politicos to watch." He took on the role of director of Heritage's Center for Media and Public Policy in 2010, where he led the think tank's investigative reporting team.
- "BlogJam: Right-wing Bluey blog". Politico. 18 June 2007. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- Rob Bluey (July 6, 2011). "White House uses Twitter to bully critics". The Daily Caller.
- "Robert Bluey". The Heritage Foundation. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "Robert Bluey". BigGovernment.com. Retrieved 19 April 2011.
- "Rob Bluey". Washington Examiner. Retrieved 19 April 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "Rising stars 2008". Campaigns & Elections. 1 May 2008. Retrieved 10 April 2011.[permanent dead link]
- Bluey, Robert (9 September 2004). "60 Minutes' Documents on Bush Might Be Fake". Cybercast News Service.
- Pfeiffer, Eric (15 August 2007). "Bloggers emerge as force on right; Briefings pull heavy-hitters". Washington Times. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "The Bloggers Briefing". Blog Talk Radio. 13 April 2010. Retrieved 19 April 2011.
- Milner, Jenny (15 March 2011). "Herman Cain pitches himself as the 'American Dream' candidate". Washington Examiner. Retrieved 19 April 2011.[permanent dead link]
- Robert Bluey (26 September 26). "White House invites bloggers to bill signing". Human Events. Archived from the original on 14 March 2010. Retrieved 10 April 2011. Check date values in:
- Brotherton, Elizabeth (8 May 2007). "Sunlight to Unveil 'Open House' Proposal". Roll Call. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "Top 50 Politicos to Watch". Politico. Retrieved 10 April 2011.