Robert Richard Blackman (born 1943) is an American costume designer most known for his work on the Star Trek franchise since Star Trek: The Next Generation's season three opener, "Evolution" and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
Blackman had been working on the sitcom Day by Day, which was being filmed on the Paramount lot. He met Bob Harris in the wardrobe department, who was looking for people to interview to replace Durinda Rice Wood on Star Trek: The Next Generation. Harris wanted Blackman to interview for the post, but he refused, saying that he wasn't interested in working on a futuristic project. Two days later, he agreed to attend an interview after Harris begged him.
Blackman later recalled that he took the interview with David Livingston very casually, saying "but by the time the interview was over I had my feet propped up on his desk and I was just gabbing about theory and design and stuff". He was offered the post, and agreed to take it for a year. He became head of costume design for all Star Trek series, working on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: Enterprise and the feature films Star Trek Generations and Star Trek: First Contact.
He has received 10 Emmy nominations for his work on Star Trek, winning twice for the Next Generation's episodes "Cost of Living" and "Time's Arrow, Part II". He also won an Emmy in 2009 for his work on the Pushing Daisies episode "Bzzzzzzzzz!". In 2006, he was awarded with a Career Achievement Award from the Costume Designers Guild, and their Spotlight Award.
- "Robert Blackman". Archive of American Television. Retrieved September 4, 2014.
- "Robert Blackman - Costume Designer". Star Trek.com. Archived from the original on June 28, 2003. Retrieved September 4, 2014.
- "Blackman, Robert". Star Trek.com. Retrieved September 4, 2014.
- "Star Trek Voyager". Emmys.com. Retrieved 2012-12-19.
- "Star Trek: The Next Generation". Emmys.com. Retrieved 2012-12-19
- "2009 Outstanding Costumes For A Series". Emmys.com. Retrieved 2012-12-19.
- "Winners for the 8th Annual Costume Designers Guild. Awards - Career Achievement Award: Bob Blackman". The Ocean Group Inc. Retrieved 2012-12-19.