Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina micropolitan area
The Roanoke Rapids, NC Micropolitan Statistical Area (μSA) as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of two counties in North Carolina, anchored by the city of Roanoke Rapids.
- Places with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- Roanoke Rapids (Principal city)
- Places with 1,000 to 10,000 inhabitants
- Places with 750 to 1,000 inhabitants
- Places with 500 to 750 inhabitants
- Places with less than 500 inhabitants
- Unincorporated places
As of the census of 2000, there were 79,456 people, 30,813 households, and 21,261 families residing within the μSA. The racial makeup of the μSA was 41.60% White, 54.47% African American, 2.36% Native American, 0.42% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 0.44% from other races, and 0.68% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.93% of the population.
The median income for a household in the μSA was $26,556, and the median income for a family was $34,082. Males had a median income of $27,998 versus $20,854 for females. The per capita income for the μSA was $14,612.
See also edit
- "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-01)". 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Archived from the original (CSV) on June 15, 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-26.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.