Roads is a short novel by author Seabury Quinn. It was published by Arkham House in 1948 in an edition of 2,137 copies. It was Arkham House's first illustrated book and the author's first hardcover.
Dust-jacket illustration by Virgil Finlay for Roads
|Cover artist||Virgil Finlay|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
The story is split into three parts:
- "The Road to Bethlehem"
- "The Road to Calvary"
- "The Long, Long Road"
Roads was reissued in 2005 by Red Jacket Press, as a fully authorized facsimile reproduction of the original Arkham House edition, and again by Shadowridge Press in 2017.
- Roads by Seabury Quinn Red Jacket Press, "First published in the January 1938 issue of Weird Tales"
- Jaffery, Sheldon (1989). The Arkham House Companion. Mercer Island, WA: Starmont House, Inc. pp. 32–33. ISBN 1-55742-005-X.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. pp. 31–32.
- Joshi, S.T. (1999). Sixty Years of Arkham House: A History and Bibliography. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House. p. 49. ISBN 0-87054-176-5.
- Nielsen, Leon (2004). Arkham House Books: A Collector's Guide. Jefferson, NC and London: McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 68. ISBN 0-7864-1785-4.