Riverfront Transit Center
The Riverfront Transit Center is a multi-modal transportation center currently used as a local bus and commuter bus hub for TANK and SORTA, in the city of Cincinnati, Ohio near Great American Ballpark and The Banks project. It runs alongside the Fort Washington Way freeway trench. The center was completed in 2003 and has the capacity to handle up to 500 buses and 20,000 people per hour during sporting or other special events.
Street level entrance to the Transportation Center
|Owned by||City of Cincinnati|
Future rail connectionsEdit
The center has been criticised due to the fact that it is largely unused. Proponents point out delays in the streetcar lightrail and commuter rail plans as well as delays in construction of The Banks a multi-use commercial and residential project.
- "Baker Concrete wins $22M contract for Banks garage - Dayton Business Journal". dayton.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- "News". pbworld.com. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- "Download Mozilla Firefox Optimized for Yahoo". cincinnati-transit.net. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- "ツルすべ美肌になれる秘密とは？". cinplify.com. Retrieved 2016-06-21.[permanent dead link]
- "CINCINNATI'S NEW RIVERFRONT TRANSIT CENTER: UNIQUE APPROACH TO SERVING THE MIDWEST'S LARGEST SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT VENUE - TRB Publications Index". pubsindex.trb.org. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- "Cincinnati's new Riverfront Transit Center: Unique approach to serving the Midwest's largest sports and entertainment venue". cat.inist.fr. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- "Recent Cincinnati Commuter Rail and Light Rail Planning". cincinnati-transit.net. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- Go Metro, SORTA official website