River Edge station
River Edge is a New Jersey Transit rail station on the Pascack Valley Line. The station is one of two rail stations in River Edge, New Jersey and is located at River Edge Road and Park Avenue, one block east of Kinderkamack Road (County Route 503) and three blocks west of River Road.
|Location||River Edge Road|
River Edge, NJ
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Connections|| NJT Bus: 165 and 762|
Rockland Coaches: 11
(all connections on Kinderkamack Road)
|Parking||Yes (permit required)|
|Station code||779 (Erie Railroad)|
|Opened||March 4, 1870|
|Rebuilt||September 22, 1902|
|2012||495 (average weekday)|
The original station caught fire on February 8, 1901 from a spark from a passing train. The station was rebuilt and reopened on September 22, 1902. The station was named by a committee of donors that helped to fund the building of the new station and voted to name it River Edge station.
The station has one track and one low-level side platform, and has a heated waiting area for passengers. Permit parking is operated by the Borough of River Edge. For New Milford residents, there is a commuter lot provided by the Borough located nearly two blocks away in New Milford.
In popular cultureEdit
- "List of Station Names and Numbers". Jersey City, New Jersey: Erie Railroad. May 1, 1916. Retrieved November 23, 2010.
- "Pascack Valley Line Timetables" (PDF). Newark, New Jersey: New Jersey Transit Rail Operations. November 7, 2010. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- "Railway Extension". The New York Times. March 6, 1870. p. 8. Retrieved April 10, 2021 – via Newspapers.com.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS" (PDF). New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 27, 2012. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- The historical information is provided by Kevin Wright KINDERGAN, ASHLEY. northjersey.com. HISTORIC RIVER EDGE STATION BACK IN USE. http://www.northjersey.com/2news/2transportation/46328177.html . Google's cache Jul 15, 2009 23:46:19 GMT
Media related to River Edge (NJT station) at Wikimedia Commons