This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rick Lomba (1950–1994) was a South African documentary filmmaker, environmentalist and Carte Blanche cameraman. He was also a lobbyist at the European Parliament and the US Congress against their cattle policies in Botswana. His main concern was the invasion of cattle into the Okavango Delta and the construction of the Northern Buffalo Fence. He was killed in 1994 while on location in Angola filming the Luanda Zoo Rescue Operation when he was attacked by an escaped Bengal tiger.
A chapter in the book Carte Blanche, the Stories Behind the Stories by Jessica Pitchford, dealing with 25 years of the history of this South African M-Net television program, has been devoted to the story of his death.
The ROSCAR award for the environmental conservation campaign is dedicated in the name of Rick Lomba. Lomba`s wife, Brita wishing for his work to go unforgotten, has donated his entire library of work to the African Environmental Film Foundation.
- Botswana : environmental policies and practices under scrutiny : the Lomba archives / D. Williamson, photography by Rick Lomba and the African Images Photographic Librar. Kalk Bay, Lindlife Publishers, c1994. English, ISBN 1875027017
- The Frightened Wilderness - Documentary Film 1984
- The End of Eden - Documentary Film 1986
- "Awards : Homepage". Derekwatts.co.za. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- Carte Blanche, the Story Behind the Stories, 2013, Jessica Pitchford, Jonathan Ball Publishers; ISBN 978-1-86842-561-7
- Pitchford, Jessica. "Carte Blanche 25 Years. The Stories Behind the Stories im Namibiana Buchdepot". Namibiana.de. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "The Frightened Wilderness | BFI | BFI". Explore.bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "AEFF: wildlife conservation and environmental education - elephants, rhinos, forests, community conservation & more - AEFF Film Library & Film Archives". Africanenvironmentalfilms.squarespace.com. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "African Environmental Film Foundation - Films & Distribution - Film Libraries". Aeffonline.org. Retrieved 14 January 2014.