Ferrer attended the Surrey Institute of Art and Design and began his career in journalism in 1995, writing for lifestyle magazines including FHM, Maxim and Vox. After working for the website totallyjewish.com from 2000 to 2004 he edited the Boston Jewish Advocate, America's oldest Jewish newspaper, returning to the UK the following year to become an editor at the Mail Online. In 2008, he briefly served as a sub-editor at the Daily Mirror. He has written for the Daily Telegraph and Algemeiner, and has been a regular contributor to the Independent.
In April 2018, Ferrer wrote an article in The Times titled, 'Jeremy Corbyn cannot be trusted by the Jewish community'. His article received much backlash. Ferrer has faced criticism[clarification needed] for his paper's handling of Jeremy Corbyn and Labour's antisemitism problem.
- "Richard Ferrer's Blog". blogs.timesofisrael.com. Retrieved 2020-04-01.
- SPIEGEL, Jörg Schindler, DER. "Corbyn and Labour Struggle with Anti-Semitism Accusations - DER SPIEGEL - International". www.spiegel.de. Retrieved 2020-04-01.
- "Richard Ferrer - Mirror Online". www.mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 2020-04-01.
- "Richard Ferrer". Algemeiner.com. Retrieved 2020-04-01.
- "Richard Ferrer". The Independent. Retrieved 2020-04-01.
- Jewish Mum of the Year (TV Series 2012–2013) - IMDb, retrieved 2020-04-01
- "BBC Radio 4 - The World Tonight, Eve of the crucial Greek referendum, Anti-Semitic demonstration in Whitehall". BBC. Retrieved 2020-04-01.
- "JN Editor discusses Coronavirus pandemic on BBC Radio London". jewishnews.timesofisrael.com. Retrieved 2020-04-01.
- Ferrer, Richard. "Jeremy Corbyn cannot be trusted by the Jewish community". ISSN 0140-0460. Retrieved 2020-04-01.
- Twitter, Sam Forsdick (2018-08-06). "Jewish News foreign editor takes leave after criticising paper's coverage of Labour anti-Semitism row in Canary interview". Press Gazette. Retrieved 2020-04-01.
- "How Jeremy Corbyn SHOULD have apologised for anti-Semitism, by Jewish News editor". LBC. Retrieved 2020-04-01.
- "Why I put rivalries aside to condemn the Labour party under Jeremy Corbyn". www.newstatesman.com. Retrieved 2020-04-01.
| Editor of Jewish News
|This article about a British journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|