Richard A. Brealey
Richard A. Brealey is a British economist and author. He is an Emeritus Professor at the London Business School and a Fellow of the British Academy. He co-authored Principles of Corporate Finance with Stewart C. Myers and Franklin Allen (now in its thirteenth edition).
He was a full-time faculty member of the London Business School from 1968-1998. He has held the posts of Director of the American Finance Association and President of the European Finance Association. He is a member of the editorial boards of the Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Journal of Empirical Finance, and European Finance Review.
Professor Brealey is a director of the Swiss Helvetia Fund and a former director of HSBC Investor Funds, Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada UK Holdings plc, and Tokai Derivative Products Ltd. He was formerly a special adviser to the Governor of the Bank of England.
- Principles of Corporate Finance with Stewart C. Myers and Franklin Allen
- Fundamentals of Corporate Finance with Stewart Myers and Alan Marcus
Articles and ReportsEdit
- "The Cost of Capital for the Nor-Ned Cable," by Richard A. Brealey, Richard Caldwell and Carlos Lapuerta, The Brattle Group, Ltd., June 2004.
- "Personal Taxes and the Time Variation of Stock Returns - Evidence from the UK," by Richard A. Brealey, Journal of Banking and Finance, 1999.
- "The Asian Crisis: Lessons for Crisis Management and Prevention," by Richard A. Brealey, Journal of International Finance, 1999.
- "What is the International Dimension of International Finance?," by Richard A. Brealey, I.A. Cooper, and E. Kaplanis, European Finance Review, 1999.
- "Competitive Position of London's Financial Services," by Richard A. Brealey, City Research Project, Final Report, Corporation of London, 1995.