René Ouvrard (1624–1694) was a French priest, writer and composer.
Ouvrard was born in Chinon. He received orders and became kapellmeister of the cathedral of Bordeaux, Narbonne and the Sainte-Chapelle of Paris, then he was a canon in Tours. He became a priest in 1682. He died in Tours.
- Secret pour composer en musique par un art nouveau, 1660
- L'Art et la Science des nombres en latin et en français, 1677
- Défense de l'ancienne tradition des Églises de France, 1678
- Histoire de la musique chez les Hébreux, les Grecs et les Romains
- "Ouvrard René, 1624–1694" (in French). Musicologie. Retrieved 1 July 2009.
- (in French) René Ouvrard, on Mots d'auteurs
|This music theory article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a French composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a French Catholic cleric is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|