The BBC Asian Network, a BBC National Radio station, had a number of programmes in South Asian languages aimed at a specific community, although since 24 April 2005 under schedule changes as part of a broader review of BBC programming the BBC Asian Network has shifted towards a greater emphasis on English language programming.
- Gagan Grewal consisting of News, Views, Discussions & Celebrity Interviews presented by Gagan Grewal in Hindi and Urdu - the programme first aired on 15 May 2006 originally under the name Salaam Namaste.
- Hindi-Urdu Programme presented by Sanjay Sharma on Thursday Evenings.
- Weekend Bengali, Anwarul Hoque presents Bengali Language Programming from 23:00 on Sunday to 01:00 on Monday mornings (prior to 17 June the programme had been an hour earlier).
Regional Language Programmes scrapped or to be scrappedEdit
- BBC Asian Network
- Gagan Grewal (last on: 29 December 2016)
- Mirpuri Programme (weekday) (last on: 15 October 2012)
- Weekend Mirpuri (last on: 25 November 2012)
- Bengali Programme (weekday) (last on: 16 October 2012)
- Weekend Bengali (last on: 25 November 2012)
- Gujarati Programme (weekday) (last on: 17 October 2012)
- Weekend Gujarati (last on: 25 November 2012)
- Hindi-Urdu Programme (last on: 18 October 2012)
- Punjabi Programme (weekday) (last on: 19 October 2012)
- Weekend Punjabi (last on: 25 November 2012)