The Redhook Ale Brewery is a beer brewery operating out of Seattle, Washington, United States. It was founded in Seattle in 1981 by Paul Shipman and Gordon Bowker, and is currently owned by Tilray. Its flagship brewery, the Redhook Brewlab, is located in the Pike Motorworks Building in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood. Redhook also operated a location in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, from the 1990s until June 2018, when it was rebranded under Cisco Brewers from Nantucket, Massachusetts.
|Location||714 E Pike Street|
Seattle, Washington, U.S.
|Annual production volume||216,900 US beer barrels (254,500 hL) in 2013|
Redhook currently produces several styles of beer marketed under distinct brand names. The brewery's flagship brand is Redhook ESB (5.8% ABV); its other beers include Long Hammer IPA (6.2% ABV), Big Ballard Imperial IPA (8.6% ABV), Bicoastal IPA (7.1% ABV), and also various seasonal offerings: My Oh My Caramel Macchiato Milk Stout (Spring - 5.5% ABV), Tangelic Halo Tangerine IPA (Summer - 6.2% ABV), Winterhook (Fall/Winter - ABV varies year to year).
Redhook distributes its products through a network of wholesale distributors, Craft Brew Alliance Inc, and a distribution agreement with Anheuser-Busch InBev, Incorporated (which owns Craft Brew Alliance). As of March 2008, the brewery distributed its products in 48 U.S. states. Anheuser-Busch sold Redhook Ale Brewery to Tilray on 8 August, 2023.
- "Redhook Brewlab, WA | Near you Top Rated".
- "Craft Brew Alliance 2013 Annual Report". Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- "Redhook Brewlab".
- Dandurant, Karen (June 15, 2018). "Redhook being replaced by Cisco Brewers at Pease". seacoastonline.com. Archived from the original on 2021-04-18. Retrieved 2018-10-11.
- "CRAFT BREWERS ALLIANCE, INC. FORM 10-K". US SEC. p. 18.
As of December 31, 2010, A-B owns approximately 32.2% of our outstanding common stock and, under the Exchange Agreement, has the right to appoint two designees to our board of directors and to observe the conduct of all standing board committees.
- Jacob, Denny. "Anheuser-Busch Selling Shock Top, Blue Point to Cannabis Company Tilray". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 16 August 2023.