|Education||Rutgers University (B.A.)|
|Occupation||CNBC's Squawk Box co-anchor, former writer|
Education and careerEdit
Quick graduated from Rutgers University in 1993 with a BA in Political Science, where she was editor-in-chief of The Daily Targum. As an undergraduate, she was awarded the Times Mirror Fellowship from the Journalism Resources Institute at Rutgers. Prior to her employment at CNBC, she covered retail and e-commerce industry topics for The Wall Street Journal and helped launch the paper's website in April 1996. She served as the site's International News Editor, overseeing foreign affairs coverage. She was a co-moderator of the October 28, 2015, Republican presidential debate.
Over the course of her career, Quick has interviewed some of the world's most influential investors and financial power brokers, including among others: Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, Alan Greenspan, T. Boone Pickens, Jamie Dimon, and Charlie Munger. She has also interviewed three U.S. presidents, and hosted the 2007 television documentary "Warren Buffett: The Billionaire Next Door Going Global".
Quick was previously married to Peter Shay, a computer programmer. She is currently married to an executive producer of Squawk Box, Matt Quayle (2008–present). On August 16, 2011, CNBC reported that Quick had given birth to a son, Kyle Nathaniel Quayle. In October 2016, Quick gave birth to daughter Kaylie Noelle.
Quick lives in New Jersey with her husband, their children, and his two daughters Natalie and Kimiko.
- Cahillane, Kevin (2006-01-22). "TELEVISION; Her Fans Are Devoted. Maybe a Little Too Devoted". The New York Times. New York City, NY. Retrieved 2008-07-10.
- "Rebecca Quick", CNBC, accessed 2008-07-10 13:43 EST.
- CNBC Profiles: Becky Quick Retrieved 2015-11-04
- Eyder Peralta - "Media Consensus Is That CNBC Was GOP Debate's 'Biggest Loser'," NPR, October 29, 2015. Retrieved 2015-11-04
- Wilner, Richard; Peter Lauria (January 25, 2009). "Fuld Hides Home". New York Post. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
- "Becky Quick Wecomes A Son: Kyle Nathaniel". celebritybabyscoop.com. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Becky Quick.|