Ray Keith is a British drum and bass DJ and record producer. He is one of drum and bass' most well known producers and DJs. He is regarded as one of the pivotal figures in the early jungle/drum and bass scene.
|Also known as||Armageddon, Babylon 5, Dark Soldier, Doctor Wootang, London's Most Wanted, Renegade, Terrorist|
|Born||Colchester, Essex, England|
|Genres||Electronica, breakbeat, jungle, house|
|Associated acts||Kenny Ken, Shy FX, Orbital, Kelly Pepper|
Ray had an interest for jazz, funk and soul music which led him to buy turntables. He began DJ'ing as a teenager in the 1980s around his native Essex and Suffolk. This was before he got his break DJ'ing on the London acid house and rave scene. He started working as a recording artist and producer for his own style of music and other genres in 1990. One of his early remixes was an bootleg mix of Orbital's Chime in 1990, it was finally officially released in 1992.
He found his niche with drum and bass music. He is famed for producing bass heavy yet soulful tunes and has made classics such as the jungle anthems "Terrorist" and "Chopper". Ray set up Dread Recordings in 1994 and has produced numerous albums. He has also remixed Moby, Shades of Rhythm and Moving Shadow.
- Contact (UFO, 1999)
- Vintage Dread (Dread Recordings, 2000)
- Alien Encounter (UFO, 2001)
- Twisted Anger - Mothership (Dread Recordings, 2002)
- Blade Runner - Analog Bass (Dread Recordings, 2009)
- Dread Digital Volume 1 and Volume 2 (Dread Recordings, 2010)
- I Am Renegade (Dread Recordings, 2012)
- Ray Keith vs Bladerunner - Dubplate Clash Dub Dread 4 (Dread Recordings, 2012)
|This article on a British electronic musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|