Rathbone Brothers Plc is a UK provider of personalised investment management and wealth management services for private investors and trustees. This includes discretionary investment management, unit trusts, tax planning, trust and company management, pension advice and banking services. Rathbone Brothers Plc is an independent FTSE 250 company.
|Traded as||LSE: RAT|
|Founder||William Rathbone II|
|Mark Nicholls, Chairman |
Paul Stockton, CEO
Jennifer Mathias, FD
|Revenue||£291.1 million (2018)|
|£61.3 million (2018)|
|£46.2 million (2018)|
The business was founded by William Rathbone II by 1742 as a Liverpool-based timber trading business. In the 19th century it became a leading trader in cotton from the United States and in 1841 it became the Liverpool agent for the East India Company. In 1912 it abandoned its trading operations and focused on financial management, initially for the Rathbone family, but subsequently for the general public. In 1988 it merged with Comprehensive Financial Services Ltd to form Rathbone Brothers plc and thereby secured a listing on the London Stock Exchange.
- "Preliminary Results 2018" (PDF). Rathbone Brothers. Retrieved 20 March 2019.
- University of Liverpool: Collections Archived 2011-07-27 at the Wayback Machine
- Rathbones: Share History
- "About us". Rathbones. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- "Education and learning contacts for disabled people". Direct.gov. Archived from the original on 27 July 2008. Retrieved 23 April 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- David Lascelles (2008) The Story of Rathbones since 1742. London: James & James (Publishers) Ltd