SC Rapperswil-Jona Lakers
|SC Rapperswil-Jona Lakers|
|2019–20 NL season|
|Home arena||St. Galler Kantonalbank Arena|
|General manager||Janick Steinmann|
|Head coach||Jeff Tomlinson|
|2015–present||SC Rapperswil-Jona Lakers|
The Lakers were founded in 1945 and were known as SC Rapperswil-Jona until 2005, when the club changed its name to Rapperswil-Jona Lakers and then again changed their name to SC Rapperswil-Jona Lakers in 2015. They play their home games at St. Galler Kantonalbank Arena.
The Lakers had survived relegation in every NLA season since last making the playoffs in 2007–08 until the 2014–15 season, when they were swept by the SCL Tigers in the promotion/relegation round. They returned to the Swiss League for the 2015–16 season.
In 2017–18 season, the Lakers claimed the Swiss Cup, while also finishing victorious in the Swiss League Championship against EHC Olten and the promotion round against EHC Kloten marking their return to the National League after three years in the minor leagues.
- "New chapter for the Lakers - different name and new logo". swisshockeynew.ch. June 24, 2015. Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Rapperswil-Jona Lakers Team roster" (in German). www.lakers.ch. Retrieved 2013-01-23.
- "Rapperswil-Jona Lakers team" (in German). www.nationalleague.ch. Retrieved 2012-09-30.
- "Rapperswil-Jona Lakers équipe" (in French). www.nationalleague.ch. Retrieved 2012-09-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rapperswil-Jona Lakers.|
- Rapperswil-Jona Lakers official website (in German)
|This article about a Swiss sports club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This European ice hockey team-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|