Randall Lemont Evans (born December 26, 1991) is a gridiron football cornerback playing for the Ottawa Redblacks. He was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the sixth round of the 2015 NFL Draft as the 196th overall pick. He played college football at Kansas State.
|No. 2 – Ottawa Redblacks|
|Born:||December 26, 1991|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||195 lb (88 kg)|
|High school:||Miami (FL) Palmetto|
|NFL Draft:||2015 / Round: 6 / Pick: 196|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at CFL.ca|
Evans lettered all four years at Miami Palmetto High School and helped the Panthers earn a 9–3 record and a state runner-up finish as a junior. He picked off seven passes and recorded 65 tackles as a junior and came back with five interceptions and 50 tackles as a senior. He participated in the inaugural Miami-Dade/Broward Public vs. Private All-Star Game in January 2010.
Evans was selected in the sixth round of the 2015 NFL Draft as the 196th overall pick by the Philadelphia Eagles. On September 4, 2015 Evans was cut in the final preseason cuts. On September 6, 2015, Evans was signed to the Philadelphia Eagles practice squad. On January 2, 2016, Evans was promoted to the active roster after the Eagles placed nose tackle Bennie Logan on injured reserve with a calf injury. On August 28, 2016, Evans was waived by the Eagles.
San Diego ChargersEdit
Evans is the son of Sheldon Evans and Melissa Doctor. He graduated from Kansas State University with two bachelor's degrees; one in sociology with an emphasis in criminology and the other in American ethnic studies.
- Frank, Reuben (May 3, 2015). "Eagles take CBs JaCorey Shepherd & Randall Evans in 6th round". CSN Philly. Archived from the original on May 4, 2015. Retrieved May 3, 2015.
- "Total Coverage: DB Randall Evans".
- "Eagles place Bennie Logan on injured reserve, promote Randall Evans". NJ.com. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "Eagles Get To 75-Player Roster Limit". PhiladelphiaEagles.com. August 28, 2016.
- "Chargers Sign CB Randall Evans To Practice Squad". December 7, 2016.
- Henne, Ricky (January 3, 2017). "Chargers Sign Six to Reserve/Future Contracts". Chargers.com.
- Henne, Ricky (September 2, 2017). "Los Angeles Chargers Cut Down Roster to 53". Chargers.com.
- "Randall Evans Bio" (PDF).