Ralf J. J. Mackenbach is a Dutch plasma physicist, artist and former child star who rose to prominence after winning the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2009 in Kyiv, Ukraine on 21 November 2009. With "Click clack", he became the first and so far only Dutch winner of the contest.
|Birth name||Ralf Mackenbach|
|Born||4 October 1995|
|Instruments||Vocals, piano, drums|
|Years active||2005–2011 (stage) |
|Associated acts||Rick Mackenbach|
Mackenbach was born in Best and has an older brother Rick (born 1993). As a child, he starred in the musicals Tarzan and Beauty and the Beast. He attended Amsterdam's dancing academy Lucia Marthas, and studied acting at Centrum voor de Kunsten Eindhoven (CKE) in Eindhoven.
In 2009, at the age of thirteen, Mackenbach won the 2009 edition of Junior Songfestival with the song "Click clack". As a result, he represented The Netherlands in the 2009 Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Kyiv, Ukraine, and finished in the top spot with 121 points. "Click clack" peaked at #7 in the Single Top 100. Subsequently, he appeared in both the 2010 and 2012 contests as part of an interval act.
In 2011, he participated in the show Sterren dansen op het ijs. He was a judge on the 2011 edition of the Dutch talent show My Name is.... In 2019, he appeared as a judge on the Dutch adaption of All Together Now.
After graduating secondary school with a VWO certificate, Mackenbach studied at the TU Eindhoven. In 2019, he finished a master's degree in nuclear fusion, for which he wrote the dissertation Numerical Modelling of Mode Penetration in Cylindrical Geometries using M3D-C1.
- RALF (2010)
- Moving On (2011)
- Seventeen (2012)
- "Ralf J. J. Mackenbach". TU/e. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- "Netherlands first, Russia second at Junior Eurovision". Kyiv Post. November 23, 2009. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- "Ralf Mackenbach". Theaterencyclopedie. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- Brandt, Monique (21 November 2009). "Nederland wint Junior Eurovisie Songfestival". Parool.nl. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- Findhammer-Schut, Martine. "ZO GAAT HET NU MET RALF MACKENBACH, DIE IN 2009 JUNIOR EUROVISIESONGFESTIVAL WON". Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- "RALF - CLICK CLACK". DutchCharts.nl. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- "RALF - RALF". DutchCharts.nl. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- "Debuutalbum Ralf is Goud". Shownieuws. 20 March 2011. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- Heerkens, Robin. "Ken je 'm nog? Junior Songfestival-winnaar Ralf Mackenbach is nu… ingenieur!". Veronica Superguide. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- Mackenbach, R.J.J. "Numerical modelling of mode penetration in cylindrical geometries using M3D-C1". TU/e. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ralf Mackenbach.|
- Official website (in Dutch)