Mohamad Radwan Kalaji (Arabic: محمد رضوان قلعجي) (born 19 January 1992 in Aleppo, Syria) is a Syrian footballer. He currently plays for Al-Ittihad, which competes in the Syrian League the top division in Syria. He plays as a midfielder, wearing the number 14 jersey for Al-Ittihad. A product of Al-Ittihad's youth system, he made his first-team breakthrough under manager Valeriu Tița during the 2009–10 season.
|Full name||Mohamad Radwan Kalaji|
|Date of birth||19 January 1992|
|Place of birth||Aleppo, Syria|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 28 February 2012
He helped Al-Ittihad reach the final of the AFC Cup the second most important association cup in Asia. Al-Ittihad won the final against Kuwaiti Premier League champions Al-Qadsia after penalties. The game was tied 1–1 after regular time and Extra Time.
Kalaji was a part of the Syrian U-16 national team at the 2008 AFC U-16 Championship in Uzbekistan and he was a part of the Syrian U-19 national team at the 2010 AFC U-19 Championship in China, he scored one goal against Thailand in the first match of the group-stage.
Honour and TitlesEdit
- مقابلة حصرية مع رضوان قلعجي. ittihadhalap.com (in Arabic). 1 November 2010. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- "2010 AFC Cup Final – Match Summary". the-afc.com. 6 November 2010. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- "Match Summary". the-afc.com. 3 October 2010. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- "Thailand verliert Auftaktspiel". thai-fussball.com (in German). 4 October 2010. Retrieved 16 February 2012.