Radio One (Lebanon)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Radio One Lebanon is a radio station that serves Lebanon, broadcasting on the FM band. The station is licensed to broadcast all over Lebanon, from studios in Beit Meri. It was the first radio station to play English and international music in the country of Lebanon.
|Slogan||"Hit Music First"|
|First air date||1984|
Radio One was founded in 1983 by Raymond Gaspar as CEO and Roger Gaspar as program director. The station plays international music 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The CEO of the radio station, Raymond Gaspar climbed up a 100 ft antenna to place the first receiver of the radio station. Radio One believes in the power of music to move, inspire, and bring people together. Radio One has come a long way, playing a key role in transforming the radio broadcasting industry. Radio One has established itself as the leading English broadcasting station in the Middle East region. Radio One’s mission, to keep people happy and entertained wherever they are, has driven it to revolutionize the industry by bringing the Social Media, Entertainment and Broadcasting worlds together. Radio One has evolved beyond broadcasting music. Radio One Lebanon broadcasts the music you grew up to 24/7 on FM 105.5 & 105.1 locally in Lebanon and streams on the Internet. Radio One also broadcasts fun daytime and nighttime shows, including Breakfast Show with Gavin Ford and Olga, Radio One’s Top 20, Monday Night Love Songs Special, The Classics, playing listeners’ favorites from the 70s, 80s & 90s.
At the end of every year, Radio One counts down its Top 100 Hits. Throughout the years, the following songs have topped the end of the year chart:
- 1983: Journey - "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)"
- 1984: George Michael - "Careless Whisper"
- 1985: Chris Rea - "All Summer Long"
- 1986: The Communards - "So Cold The Night"
- 1987: Lou Gramm - "Until I Make You Mine"
- 1988: Andy Leek - "Say Something"
- 1989: Roxette - "The Look"
- 1990: Mark Almond - "Desperate Hours"
- 1991: R.E.M. - "Losing My Religion"
- 1992: John Secada - "Just Another Day"
- 1993: Ace Of Base - "All That She Wants"
- 1994: Aswad - "Shine"
- 1995: Los Del Rio - "Macarena"
- 1996: Celine Dion - "Because You Loved Me"
- 1997: Puff Daddy feat. Faith Evans - "I'll Be Missing You"
- 1998: Celine Dion - "My Heart Will Go On"
- 1999: Britney Spears - "...Baby One More Time"
- 2000: Madonna – “Music”
- 2001: Kylie Minogue – “Can't Get You Out of My Head”
- 2002: Las Ketchup – “Asereje”
- 2003: 50 Cent – “In Da Club”
- 2004: Usher ft. Ludacris and Lil Jon - "Yeah!"
- 2005: Madonna – “Hung Up”
- 2006: Shakira ft. Wyclef Jean - "Hips Don't Lie"
- 2007: Rihanna feat. Jay-Z – “Umbrella"
- 2008: Coldplay – “Viva La Vida”
- 2009: The Black Eyed Peas - "I Gotta Feeling"
- 2010: Bruno Mars - "Just The Way You Are"
- 2011: Pitbull feat. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer - "Give Me Everything (Tonight)"
- 2012: PSY - "Gangnam Style"
- 2013: Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc - "Wake Me Up!"
- 2014: Pharrell Williams - "Happy"
- 2015: Adele - "Hello"
- 2016: Carla's Dreams - "Sub Pielea Mea"
- 2017: Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yankee & Justin Bieber - "Despacito"
On air personalitiesEdit
- Gavin Ford
- Olga Habre
- Roy Malakian
On air showsEdit
- Gavin Ford in the Morning
- Monday night love songs
- Radio One Classics
- Remember Yesterday with Kevin
- The Chillout Lounge with Alan