Rabarama Skin Art Festival
The Rabarama Skin Art Festival (abbreviated: RSAF) is an international festival dedicated to the promotion of artistic body painting, in the form known as "Skin Art". Begun in 2014, the festival is held every year in Italy from May to October, with selections in various Italian cities. The final event was held in Merano (BZ) in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. The festival is supported by a brand leader in professional cosmetics, by the artist Rabarama, and by various Italian municipalities. The international media partner is the body painting magazine "Skin MarkZ" (USA).
|Rabarama Skin Art Festival|
Rabarama Skin Art Festival official poster, 2017
|Location(s)||Italy (Milano, Torino, Roma, Firenze, Savona, Merano, Reggio Calabria, Lecce, ... )|
|Next event||Summer 2018|
|Organised by||Kryolan Italia|
During year 2017, the festival started to create 3D scans of the body art works to create a virtual "Museum of Skin Art".
The concept of "Skin Art" for the RSAFEdit
The term "skin art" refers to a global and living art work made of body art, make-up, SFX, stage performance, video and music, with a strong message about issues related to the concept of “body”. The concept derives from the "Skin Art Manifesto", which states: "The omologation, the transformation of living beings in things and destruction on a global scale of nature are prevailing. Even if efforts are made to conceptualize and speculate about this, we have already started to feel it on our bodies."
During the 2015 edition of the IDAHOBIT: International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia, the RSAF staged some flash happenings in public places in Florence and Catanzaro with painted models, to support the event.
- "Skin Art Manifesto". Rabarama Skin Art Festival. Retrieved 22 January 2017.
- "Rabarama Skin Art Festival: il grande successo della finale!". Kryolan Professional Makeup (in Italian). 7 October 2016. Retrieved 22 January 2017.
- Falchini, Federica (6 April 2015). "Parla Rabarama". Inside Art (in Italian). Retrieved 22 January 2017.
- "Finale del Rabarama Skin Art Festival". merano-suedtirol.it (in Italian). Retrieved 22 January 2017.
- "Rabarama Festival l'arte sulla pelle anche a Verona" [Rabarama Skin Art Festival also in Verona]. L'Arena (in Italian). 27 April 2017.
- "Rabarama Skin Art Festival A Sorpresa Contro L'Omofobia" [Rabarama Skin Art Festival to Surprise against Homophobia]. Rabarama Skin Art Festival (in Italian). 19 May 2015. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- Patrizia Vacalebri (10 October 2017). "Tutto il mondo del tatuaggio a Venezia" [The Whole World of the Tattoo] (in Italian). Agenzia Nazionale Stampa Associata.
|This festival-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|