This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (October 2020)
Raakilipaatu (Malayalam: രാക്കിളിപ്പാട്ടു്) is a 2007 Malayalam film starring Jyothika, Sharbani Mukherjee, Tabu and Lakshmi. The music was composed by Vidyasagar. The film is directed by Priyadarshan.
Film DVD poster
|Produced by||Mukesh R Mehta|
S. P. Venkatesh
|Edited by||N. Gopalakrishnan|
|Distributed by||Surya Cine Arts|
- Jyothika as Josephine (Josootty)
- Sharbani Mukherjee as Radhika Menon
- Tabu as ACP Gayathri Varma
- Ishita Arun as Geetha Damodaran
- Shweta Menon as police officer Jayashree
- Lakshmi as Malathi Menon (Radhika's Aunty)
- K. P. A. C. Lalitha as Eliama Pothen (Josootty's mother)
- Major Ravi as Ramesh / Vikram
- Mita Vasisht as Prema Narayanan, the under cover cop
- Sukumari as the hostel warden and a history professor
- Shanthi Williams as the college principal
- Manasi Scott as Manasi, Josephine's friend
- Suchithra as Advocate Soumini
- Manju Pillai as a police constable
- Poornima Parameswaran as Kutti Paru
- Jomol as Savitri, Gayathri's sister
- Deepti Bhatnagar in a Special Appearance
- Shari as Arundathi (cameo appearance)
- Philomina as Vikram's neighbour (cameo appearance)
Josephine (Jyothika), her best friend Radhika (Sharbani Mukherjee) and their friends are pranksters in a ladies' college. Like other college girls, they sing songs, break rules and wreak havoc. They also have a grudge against Gita, another girl from the college.
Lakshmi, who plays Radhika's aunt, wants her niece to get married. To escape, Josephine and Radhika fake a boyfriend whose name is Ramesh. However, this fantasy takes on a whole new meaning when a person named Ramesh calls and sends Radhika letters claiming to be her boyfriend. To end this nuisance, Josephine and Radhika invite Ramesh to the hostel during the college dance program. Josephine instructs Radhika to bring a gun for their safety.
Mysteriously, without them shooting him, Ramesh (Major Ravi) dies. At the same, Radhika loses her chain. Suspicion eventually falls on the two friends. Gayathri (Tabu) is a man-hating police officer, and is put on the case. To make matters worse, Gita suddenly disappears. Josephine and Radhika find themselves as fugitives, running away from the law in a bid to prove their innocence. Meanwhile, the real killer is still on the loose.
|"Dhum Dhum Dhooreyetho"||K. S. Chitra, Sujatha Mohan, Sangeethaa-Sangeetha Sajith|
|"Omana Thinkal"||K. S. Chitra, Sujatha Mohan, Sangeethaa-Sangeetha Sajith|
|"Saarike Ninne"||K. S. Chitra, Sujatha Mohan|
|"Mazha Paithu Thorna"||M. G. Sreekumar, Sujatha Mohan|
|"Palapoovin Lolakunde"||M. G. Sreekumar, Sujatha Mohan|
|"Rappadippakshi Idhile"||M. G. Sreekumar, Sujatha Mohan|
|"Anthinila Manathu"||M. G. Sreekumar, Ila Arun|
- Raakilipattu was Priyadarshan's 50th movie.
- A. R. Rahman was supposed to be the music director. However, due to time constraints, Vidyasagar was signed on instead.
- This film is a remake of the 1999 Marathi film Bindhaast.
- It was one of the few movies in the history of the Malayalam film industry with an almost all-female cast.
- This film was a flop at the box office.
- The Tamil version of the film was released in 2000 with the name Snegithiye.
- The film was completed for a 2000 release, but was only released in 2007.