|Type||Privately held company|
|CEO: Rami Shmueli|
|Owner||Shmueli and Aeronautics Defense Systems Group|
The company was established by former military intelligence and current CEO Rami Shmueli, and is currently owned in equal parts by Shmueli and the Aeronautics Group. The company headquarters and production lines are based in Yavne, Israel, while the company also has offices in Texas.
The company was established in 1996 by Rami Shmueli, as a company for the production of technology aerostats and balloon advertising . In 1996, the first aerostat for use in surveillance and monitoring applications was developed for the 'Shachal' Company.
In 2004, the company developed a family of SkyStar aerostats for use in intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance, and communications applications. SkyStar systems are operational worldwide in various military and civilian missions. In 2008, the UAV Aeronautics Group purchased part of RT's shares.
The systems are currently deployed in more than 10 different countries around the world, including Israel, Canada, United States, Russia, Afghanistan, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Thailand, Colombia and Africa. In Israel, The Skystar aerostats were deployed by the IDF during Operation Protective Edge. As of May 2016, The Skystar systems have gained over one million operational hours.
At July 2016 RT established a subsidiary company named "Aero-T", which specializes in the development and manufacture of large aerostats. Aero-T's first product, the SkyGuard1, is a large aerostat in a Blimp shape, which can carry payloads of up to 90 kg, reach altitudes of up to 1,000 meters, and operate continuously for 7 days without maintenance.
- SkyStar 300
- A large tactical aerostat, with a maximum altitude 1,500 ft AGL and a maximum payload mass of 50 kg. The system's end of life was in December 31, 2015
- SkyStar 330
A large tactical aerostat. Base on the SkyStar 300 with four optical fiber tether and an upgraded navigation system.
- SkyStar 250
- A medium sized tactical aerostat, with a maximum altitude 1,000 ft AGL and a maximum payload mass of 11 kg.
- SkyStar 220
- A medium sized tactical aerostat, with a maximum altitude of 1,000 ft AGL and a maximum payload mass of 9.5 kg.
- SkyStar 180
- A small tactical aerostat, with a maximum altitude of 1,000 ft AGL and a maximum payload mass of 6.5 kg.
- SkyStar 100
- A mini aerostat compact system, that can be transported, assembled, launched and operated by two personnel with minimal training.
- "About Us". www.rt.co.il. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- RTLTA (11 December 2013), I24news - Report, retrieved 30 March 2016
- "Surveillance Aerostats by RT in Use by Israel Police". www.israeldefense.co.il. 16 March 2015. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- "RT LTA Systems Skystar 180 Selected for Purchase by US Army | Unmanned Systems Technology". 19 March 2015. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- "Argentina recurrirá a globos aerostáticos de origen israelí para vigilar sus fronteras , noticia defensa.com - Noticias Defensa defensa.com Argentina". Defensa.com. 1 August 2016.
- "A common sight during the Gaza war, IDF's reliance on aerostat balloons is up". The Jerusalem Post | JPost.com. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- "RT Announces new ISR Payload for Skystar 330 Aerostat | Unmanned Systems Technology". 9 May 2016. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- "RT LTA Enters The Large Aerostats Market With A New Subsidiary "Aero-T"". Jewish Business News. Retrieved 31 July 2016.
- "Israel's RT develops high-altitude surveillance blimp | IHS Jane's 360". www.janes.com. Retrieved 31 July 2016.
- "SkyStar 300". www.rt.co.il. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- "IDF replacing aerostats with new Skystar 330". janes.com. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "SkyStar 250". www.rt.co.il. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- "SkyStar 220". www.rt.co.il. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- Zitun, Yoav (15 August 2015). "News - WATCH: A balloon's-eye view of the Tel Aviv pride parade". Ynetnews. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- "RT LTA Systems To Introduce Mini Aerostat System At Eurosatory". www.defenseworld.net. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- Official website
- "US Army likes how Israeli ‘smart balloon’ flies" – The Times of Israel, May 30, 2014
- RT Delivers First Three SkyStar-180 Aerostats to the American Army" – Israel Defense, July 13, 2011
- Israeli Firm Provides Power-by-The-Hour Intel in Gaza - DefenseNews, July 29, 2014
- To help quell riots, Israeli police deploy sophisticated spy balloons over Jerusalem - FOX News, November 26, 2014