|Born: June 17, 1986|
|May 27, 2013|
|Career highlights and awards|
At Emerald Ridge High School in Puyallup, Washington, Wolcott played baseball and officiated local high school football games. He also played euphonium for the concert band, winning a regional solo contest for his performance. After graduating from Emerald Ridge in 2005, Wolcott initially enrolled in Pierce College, but decided to attend umpiring school instead. Wolcott's father is an avid disc golfer, known in internet disc golf forums as "The Valkyrie Kid."
Wolcott attended the Jim Evans Academy for Professional Umpiring in 2006, and at the age of 19 subsequently was the youngest umpire hired to the minor leagues that year. He made his Major League debut on May 27, 2013, working both games of a doubleheader between the Arizona Diamondbacks and Texas Rangers.
Wolcott was hired to the full-time Major League umpire roster on July 4, 2014, to replace Gary Darling, who had retired. At the age of 28, Wolcott was the youngest Major League umpire on the roster.
On September 14, 2017, Wolcott initiated a minor controversy by hinting that Detroit Tigers pitcher Buck Farmer and catcher John Hicks might have conspired to hit him intentionally after a controversial call that got then manager Brad Ausmus ejected. However, the MLB found no solid evidence to back up that claim.
- "Emerald Ridge grad strikes it big as professional umpire". Our Kids, Our Future. Washington State School Directors’ Association. 29 Jan 2014. Archived from the original on 2 October 2016. Retrieved 2 October 2016. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Arizona Diamondbacks 5, Texas Rangers 3 (1)". Retrosheet. May 27, 2013.
- "Arizona Diamondbacks 5, Texas Rangers 4 (2)". Retrosheet. May 27, 2013.
- Imber, Gil (2014-07-04). "Confirmed: MLB Hires Quinn Wolcott, Gary Darling Retires". Close Call Sports & Umpire Ejection Fantasy League. Retrieved 2014-07-05.
- "Quinn Wolcott Appointed to Umpiring Staff; 28-Year Umpire Gary Darling Retires". Major League Baseball. MLB Press Release. 2014-07-04. Retrieved 2014-07-04.[permanent dead link]
- "Wild Card and Division Series Umpires". Close Call Sports & Umpire Ejection Fantasy League. 3 October 2016.
- "San Francisco Giants 3, New York Mets 0". Retrosheet. October 5, 2016.
- Taylor, Jon (September 15, 2017). "MLB Determines Tigers Did Not Intentionally Plunk Umpire With Pitch". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved July 2, 2019.
- Kerns, Josh (May 9, 2016). "Puyallup native strives to be the best behind the plate". mynorthwest.com. Retrieved September 8, 2017.