On 5 October 2017, QS Quacquarelli Symonds acquired Hobsons Solutions, the international division of Hobsons, Inc., the leading provider of international enrollment management solutions to universities worldwide.The acquisition allows QS to increase the size of its global product offering, which now incorporates products like the QS Enrolment Solutions International Student Survey (formerly Hobsons' International Student Survey), which is the world's largest survey of prospective international students.
Generally, the QS World University Rankings is regarded as one of the three most influential university rankings in the world, along with the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and the Academic Ranking of World Universities.
- "About us". Quacquarelli Symonds.
- "QS Quacquarelli Symonds Ltd". zoominfo.com.
- "QS Founder Nunzio Quacquarelli on Rankings and Online MBA Programs". Top MBA. 8 June 2012.
- Baker, Amy. "QS acquires Hobsons Solutions in major merger". The PIE News. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "QS Enrolment Solutions". Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- Ariel Zirulnick. "New world university ranking puts Harvard back on top". The Christian Science Monitor.
- Indira Samarasekera and Carl Amrhein. "Top schools don't always get top marks". The Edmonton Journal. Archived from the original on 2010-10-03.