Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky in media
(Redirected from Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky in popular media)
This article lists appearances of the composer Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky in popular media (e.g. films, drama music or otherwise).
- Es war eine rauschende Ballnacht (1939, Germany; released in the US as "It Was a Gay Ballnight"; and on re-release as The Life and Loves of Tschaikovsky)
- Tchaikovsky was played by Hans Stüwe
- Heavenly Music (1943)
- None but the Lonely Heart (1944, USA)
- Carnegie Hall (1947)
- Tchaikovsky was played by Alfonso D'Artega
- Song of My Heart (1948, US).
- Tchaikovsky (1969, Russia)
- The Music Lovers (1970, UK)
Films featuring Tchaikovsky's MusicEdit
- Fantasia (1940, United States)
- Directed by Samuel Armstrong, James Algar, Bill Roberts, Paul Satterfield, et al.
- Story by Joe Grant, Dick Huemer
- Tchaikovsky Nutcracker Suite
- IMDB link
- Together (2002, China)
- V For Vendetta (2006, Canada)
- The Concert (2009, France)
- The Peter Tchaikovsky Story (episode of Disneyland, 1959)
- Tchaikovsky was played by Rex Hill as a boy and Grant Williams as a man
- Pride or Prejudice (1993, UK)
- BBC documentary
- Various theories investigated regarding Tchaikovsky's death
- Great Composers – Tchaikovsky (1997)
- The voice of Tchaikovsky was provided by Sir Ian McKellen
- Tchaikovsky (2007, UK)
- Two-part docudrama on the composer's life
- Episode 1: Tchaikovsky: The Creation of Genius (2007, UK)
- Episode 2: Tchaikovsky: Fortune and Tragedy (2007, UK)
- Tchaikovsky was played by Ed Stoppard
- Part of BBC concept The Tchaikovsky Experience which consisted of several television and radio broadcasts of works by Tchaikovsky and Stravinsky, as well as programs about St. Petersburg and Moscow.
- Shameful Vice
- Opera by English composer Michael Finnissy
- Libretto focuses on Tchaikovsky's last days and death
- All Over The World
- Song by British electronic pop group Pet Shop Boys
- Contains uncredited sample of Tchaikovsky
- Let There Be Rock
- Rock song by AC/DC
- References Tchaikovsky's influence on popular music.
- Hip Hop song by CunninLynguists
- Contains sample of Tchaikovskys Violin Concerto in D Op 35 - 1. Allegro Moderato.