Puppet Heap, LLC is a puppet design, fabrication and production company based in Hoboken, New Jersey. The company was founded by artist and designer Paul Andrejco, who previously worked for The Jim Henson Company from 1992 to 2001 and designed the characters for Bear in the Big Blue House that aired on the Disney Channel. In 2004, Andrejco opened Puppet Heap at its current location in Hoboken. The company's studio has a workshop, woodshop, casting facilities, and a small production and photography studio.
Puppet Heap has worked on several productions, including several series of short films based on original characters. From 2011, Heap produced a commercial line of puppets based on original characters, Puppet Heap Playthings, consider the best new toy of 2011 by the Washington Post. Since 2006, Puppet Heap has been under contract with The Walt Disney Company, to maintain and build the Muppet characters for its Muppets Studio division, including the character of Walter for The Muppets.
- Abrams, Steve (Fall 2011). "Puppet Heap: Professional Puppet Building with a Sense of Play". The PUPPETRY Journal. 63 (1): 2–3.
- "Paul Andrejco". Hollywood.com. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Animator 2011: 4th International Animated Film Festival". www.animator-festival.com. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "The Best New Toys". The Washington Post. 6 March 2011. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- Barnes, Brooks (20 November 2011). "Wocka, Wocka, Wocka! Muppet Antics Resume". The New York Times. Retrieved 20 February 2014.