Pump Hill is a residential neighbourhood in the southwest quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded to the north by 90th Avenue SW and the Glenmore Reservoir, to the east by 14 Street SW, to the south by Southland Drive and to the west by 19 Street SW.
|• Mayor||Jyoti Gondek|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Kourtney Branagan|
|Elevation||1,095 m (3,593 ft)|
|• Average Income||$93,360|
|Website||Pump Hill Community Association|
Pumphill was developed starting with 1967, when it was still incorporated in Palliser. It became a neighbourhood in its own right in 1991. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 11 councillor.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Pump Hill had a population of 1,614 living in 563 dwellings, a -2.5% increase from its 2011 population of 1,655. With a land area of 0.9 km2 (0.35 sq mi), it had a population density of 1,790/km2 (4,640/sq mi) in 2012.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $93,360 in 2000, and there were 6.2% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 16.5% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 21.7% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 28.4% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Nellie McClung Elementary and John Ware Junior High public schools as well as by the St. Benedict Elementary (Catholic).
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Pump Hill Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-12.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 11 Profile" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-08-09. Retrieved 2007-05-12.