Puli Thevar was a Tamil Palaiyakkarar who ruled Nerkattumseval, situated in the Sankarankoil taluk, Tenkasi,formerly Tirunelveli Tamil Nadu. He is notable fighting against East India Company from May 22, 1752 - 1767 in India. Worship of God : Nature worship, Ancestor worship Ondiveeran and Venni Kaladi were the generals of Thevar's army, to fight against the East India company. He is known for the Polygars revolt against the British. He maintained a good relationship with the Kingdom of Travancore but later the allegiance was broken by one Yusuf Khan.
|Palaiyakkarar of Nerkattumseval|
|Reign||1 September 1715 – 16 October 1767|
|Born||1 September 1715|
Nerkattumseval, Madurai Nayak kingdom (Modern Day Tenkasi, Tamil Nadu, India)
Tenkasi, Arcot (Modern Day Tamil Nadu, India)
- Dept, Madras (India : State) Police (1959). The History of the Madras police: centenary 1859-1959. Inspector General of Police. p. 213.
- Muthiah, S. (2008). Madras, Chennai: A 400-year Record of the First City of Modern India. Palaniappan Brothers. ISBN 9788183794688.
- Session, South Indian History Congress (2007). The South Indian Rebellions: Before and After 1800. Palaniappa Brothers. ISBN 9788183795005.
- South Indian History Congress, South Indian History Congress (29 August 2008). Proceedings of the Annual Conference. University of Michigan.
- Patmanāpan̲, Rā A. (1977). V. O. Chidambaram Pillai. National Book Trust, India. p. 12.
- Natesan, G. A. (1959). The Indian Review. G.A. Natesan & Company. p. 287.
- Ramachandran. "Puli Thevar – Colors of Glory". colorsofglory.org. Retrieved 12 May 2021.