Puja Pain Phulatie
|Pooja Pain Phulatie|
|Directed by||Gadadhar Puty|
|Produced by||Padmini Puty|
|Written by||Gadadhar Puty|
|Music by||Vikash Das|
|Edited by||Gadadhar Puty|
Pooja, an orphan, is brought up in a brickyard with her grandfather. She is excellent in her studies and co curricular activities. The owner of the brickyard takes her to his city house for higher studies but his wife engages Pooja as a domestic hand and does not allow her to go to school. A strong bond develops between her spoilt daughter, Mickey and Pooja. Within a short time Pooja transforms Mickey into an all round champion. One day Pooja hurt her leg. Mickey did all her work and helped her friend. When the friendship reaches a peak level, Pooja is driven out from their house. Pooja went back to the village to meet her grandfather. When she heard that he is dead broken she lived at a temple. She was later treated and adopted by a doctor. Years later these two tender hearts meet: Mickey with eye injury and Pooja to help her without revealing her identity. She acted as a deaf and mute. Mickey’s condition aggravates and Pooja prays almighty for Mickey at the cost of her life. Pooja dies of cancer and donates her eyes for Mickey. She searched for Pooja everywhere. She later realises that Pooja is dead and Mickey sees the light of the world through Pooja’s eyes.
Award & ParticipationEdit
- 54th National Film Awards (India) - (Best Feature Film in Odia)
- Odisha State Film Awards - (Best Film, Best Direction, Best Story Best Cinematography, Best Child Artist, & Best Female Playback Singer)
- 5th International Film Festival of Thrissur
The film revolve around a 13-year-old girl, her love and friendship, and the turmoil she faces in relationships. Her inchoate awakening to the complexities of life and living forms the staple in and around Bhubaneswar.
- "Odia Film Aadim Vichar Ends 7-yr Wait for National Award". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- IANS (8 May 2015). "Odiya cinema making remakes of South Indian films: Sabyasachi Mohapatra (IANS Interview)". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Odia cinema losing sheen,Just making remakes". Retrieved 2 March 2019.