Public Administration Review is a bimonthly peer-reviewed academic journal the field of public administration. It was established in 1940 and has been one of the top-rated journals in the field. It is the official journal of the American Society for Public Administration and is published by Wiley-Blackwell. The editor-in-chief Jeremy L. Hall University of Central Florida. From 2018 to 2020, he served as the co-editor-in-chief alongside of R. Paul Battaglio. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2019 impact factor of 4.063, ranking it 4th out of 48 journals in the category "Public Administration".
|Edited by||Jeremy L. Hall|
Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of the American Society for Public Administration (United States)
|ISO 4||Public Adm. Rev.|
The following persons have been editors-in-chief:
- 2018-2020 R. Paul Battaglio
- 2012-2017 James L. Perry
- 2006-2011 Richard J. Stillman II
- 2000-2005 Larry D. Terry
- 1997-1999 Irene S. Rubin
- 1991-1996 David H. Rosenbloom
- 1985-1990 Chester A. Newland
- 1977-1984 Louis C. Gawthrop
- 1966-1977 Dwight Waldo
- 1963-1966 Vincent Ostrom
- 1961-1963 John A. Perkins
- 1958-1960 James W. Fesler
- 1956-1958 York Wilbern
- 1953-1956 Frederick C. Mosher
- 1951-1953 Wallace S. Sayre
- 1949-1951 Fritz Morstein Marx
- 1947-1949 Rowland Egger
- 1945-1947 E. Pendleton Herring
- 1943-1945 Gordon R. Clapp
- 1940-1943 Leonard D. White
- ^ Vocino, Thomas; Elliott, Robert H. (March 1984). "Research Note: Public Administration Journal Prestige: A Time Series Analysis". Administrative Science Quarterly. 29 (1): 43–51. doi:10.2307/2393079. JSTOR 2393079.
- ^ Colson, Harold (February 1990). "Citation Rankings of Public Administration Journals" (PDF). Administration & Society. 21 (4): 452–471. doi:10.1177/009539979002100404.
- ^ Forrester, John P.; Watson, Sheilah S. (September 1994). "An Assessment of Public Administration Journals: The Perspective of Editors and Editorial Board Members". Public Administration Review. 54 (5): 474–482. doi:10.2307/976433. JSTOR 976433.
- ^ "Journals Ranked by Impact: Public Administration". 2019 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2020.