A slide is a single page of a presentation. Collectively, a group of slides may be known as a slide deck. A slide show is an exposition of a series of slides or images in an electronic device or in a projection screen.
In the digital age, a slide most commonly refers to a single page developed using a presentation program such as MS PowerPoint, Apple Keynote, Google Slides, Apache OpenOffice or LibreOffice. It is also possible to create them with a document markup language, for instance with the LaTeX class Beamer.
Slide producing softwareEdit
Presentation slides can be created in many pieces of software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Apple Keynote, LibreOffice Impress, Prezi, ClearSlide, Powtoon, GoAnimate, Snagit, Camtasia, CamStudio, SlideShare, and Reallusion.
- PowerPoint is currently the most popular slides presentation program. LibreOffice Impress is a FOSS alternative.
- Prezi was developed in 2009 by Peter Arvai, Peter Halácsy and Ádám Somlai-Fischer in Budapest and San Francisco. Today, Prezi has 40 million users internationally.
- Apple Keynote, updated for OS X El Capitan, works on Macs and some other Apple devices.
- ClearSlide is commonly used in marketing and sales organizations for presentations to customers.
- Google Slides was developed by Google at the same time as Google Docs and Sheets, in 2007. The tool allows live collaboration.
Typically in a set of slides (a "deck"), all the slides will have a similar layout template, controlling such factors as margins and headings.
Slide sharing websitesEdit
Some websites offer facilities to share slide presentations online.
Selection of slide sharing websitesEdit
Another way of sharing slides is by turning them into a video. PowerPoint allows users to export a presentation to video (.mp4 or .wmv).
- Alley, Michael (2003). The Craft of Scientific Presentations (1st ed.). New York: Springer-Verlag. p. 102. ISBN 0-387-95555-0. Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- "27 Presentation Software & Powerpoint Alternatives For 2015". www.customshow.com. Retrieved 2015-10-29.
- Robarts, Stu. "The best presentation software: top 5 PowerPoint alternatives". TechRadar. Archived from the original on 2015-10-19. Retrieved 2015-10-29.
- "Prezi, la startup de Silicon Valley que no ha sido aplastada por los gigantes". CIOAL The Standard IT. Retrieved 2015-11-01.
- "Keynote - Accessibility". accessibility.umn.edu. Archived from the original on 2015-09-09. Retrieved 2015-11-01.
- "Presentation & Sales Management Software | ClearSlide". ClearSlide. Retrieved 2015-11-01.
- "Overview of Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides - Docs editors Help". support.google.com. Retrieved 2015-11-01.
- "Adobe FrameMaker 8". help.adobe.com. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "SlideShare - Frequently Asked Questions". help.linkedin.com. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Frequently Asked Questions on authorSTREAM". www.authorstream.com. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "FAQ - SlideBoom". www.slideboom.com. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Slide Sharing Websites: Review | m62". www.m62.net. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "SlideOnline - Present More". Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "Turn your presentation into a video". www.support.office.com. Retrieved 2018-01-10.