Prathyusha (29 August 1981 – 23 February 2002) was an Indian actress who appeared in Telugu and Tamil language films.
|Born||29 August 1981|
|Died||23 February 2002 (aged 20)|
Early life and film careerEdit
Pratyusha was born in Bhongir of present-day Telangana into a middle-class family. Her mother, Mrs. Sarojini Devi, is a government school teacher. Her brother is Praneet Chandra (also known as Krishna Chandra).
Pratyusha was schooled at Santosh Vidhya Niketan, Bhuvanagiri, Prakash Public School, Miryalaguda and later at St. Anns High School, Tarnaka, Hyderabad.
Pratyusha completed her intermediate from Gouthami Residential Academy, S.R.Nagar and graduation in Bachelor of Hotel Management at Banjara Hills and JB Institute of Hotel Management.
Pratyusha participated in Television Star 2000 Contest and was crowned Ms. Lovely Smile. Her success in the contest paved way to enter the film world. She had signed for a Kannada film before she died.
Prathyusha died on 23 February 2002 after allegedly attempting suicide by consuming poison along with her boyfriend Siddhartha Reddy, reportedly after their family members rejected their marriage proposal. Pratyusha died while undergoing treatment at Care Hospital, while Siddartha recovered after treatment. The case was widely discussed in the media and attracted public attention as the suspicion of murder arose on Siddhartha, and after a forensic expert opined that the cause of her death was 'asphyxia due to manual strangulation'. The report was referred to Professor T D Dogra, an eminent forensic expert and Head of Forensic Division, at All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi. The doctor's report was then found to be faulty. In 2004, Siddhartha was sentenced to five years' imprisonment and to pay a fine of Rs. 6,000 as he was found guilty of suicide attempt and abetting Pratyusha to commit suicide.
After her death, her mother started a charity in her name.
|2000||Manu Needhi||Poongodi||Tamil||Tamil Debut|
|2001||Edhi Emi Uru Raa Babu||Telugu|
|2004||Sound Party||Nandhini||Tamil||Posthumous release|
- "Sound Party". The Hindu. 13 August 2004. Archived from the original on 14 August 2004. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- TNN (6 March 2002). "Pratyusha case travels at a snail's pace". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 11 November 2013. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Pratyusha committed suicide, says CBI". The Hindu. 7 November 2002. Archived from the original on 29 December 2009. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- TNN (14 March 2002). "'Doctor's report on actress death faulty'". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 11 November 2013. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Pratyusha murder case accused gets 6-yr jail term". The Times of India. 24 February 2004. Archived from the original on 21 August 2011. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- "Pratyusha case: childhood friend Siddhartha convicted". The Hindu. 24 February 2004. Archived from the original on 13 March 2004. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Pratyusha Death Secrets". filmfog.com. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- ns. ".:: Prathyusha Charitable Trust(PCT) ::".