Prasad V. Potluri
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Potluri Vara Prasad
|Alma mater||NSM Public School |
Vijayawada and Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada, KL University
|Occupation||Serial entrepreneur |
Ex Co-owner of Kerala Blasters F.C.
Owner of Hyderabad HotShots
CMD – PVP Ventures
|Political party||YSR Congress Party (2019-present)|
|Children||Daughter : Pearl Vara. Potluri, Son : Param Vara. Potluri|
As a serial entrepreneur in the global outsourcing services space, he built and sold 3 companies. During that decade, he was the driving force behind many companies, including Procon Inc., Albion Orion Company LLC, Irevna Ltd. Procon Inc. was acquired by RCM Technologies in 1998. AOC, LLC was acquired by SSI in 2000 for INR 2.92 billion, then the largest cross-border deal. Irevna Limited was acquired by CRISIL (S&P India) in 2005. He is a Strategic Investor in Maven Corp and Karvy Consultants & a Founding Investor of CBay Systems.
Presently he is the chairman & managing director of PVP Ventures Ltd.,
PVP is a publicly traded corporation traded on BSE, NSE & LSE with 35,000 shareholders. In July 2010, PVP Group ventured into the Indian Media & Entertainment Industry via "Picturehouse Media Ltd". ("PHML"), it is India's largest organised media capital house, supporting the Financing needs of the Indian Entertainment Industry. PHML recent foray into mainstream film production under the banner of PVP Cinema is one of the largest production houses in the country.
He is chief patron of Prasad Vara. Potluri Siddhartha Institute of Technology, in Vijaywada. He is also a patron in LV Prasad Eye Institute. He is the owner of the Hyderabad Hotshots, one of the six franchises of Indian Badminton League and former co-owner of the Kerala Blasters F.C.
CEO/Founder, Procon, Inc. Michigan, 1996 to 1998Edit
Founded and built an IT services company into one of the fastest growing IT services players in the USA. Began the company with $100 and grew to a 225 employee base and revenues of $22m in 27 months. Successfully sold the company with RCM for $32m in November 1998.
CEO/Founder, Albion Orion Company LLC, Michigan, 2000Edit
Founded 'Albion Orion Company', a roll up in IT solutions space in the US by acquiring and restructuring two high-end solution providers, Albion International in Atlanta and Orion Consulting in Minneapolis. Subsequently, led the merger of the consolidated entity to SSI Ltd., a publicly traded firm on LSE for $63.65m (2.92 billion), considered as the largest cross border transaction in India as of December 2000.
Chairman/Founder, IREVNA Ltd., London, United Kingdom, 2001 to 2005Edit
Co-founded and built Irevna Ltd., an organisation providing analytics and research services to investment banks from offshore location. The organisation was the first to pioneer KPO services. Irevna Ltd. was acquired by CRISIL Ltd., an S&P company in May 2005. This company contributes 50% of entire profitability for Crisil in the current environment.
Chairman and managing director, PVP Ventures Ltd., September 2006 to 2007Edit
The company has investment interests in Realty and is one of the largest investors in the country in media and entertainment. The company focusses on special situation transactions across multiple domains. The company was formed via acquisition of SSI Ltd. in Chennai on 27 February 2007 with an FDI investment of 8.93 billion.
In July 2010, PVP group ventured into the Indian Media & Entertainment Industry via "Picturehouse Media Limited" (listed on BSE ) and its subsidiary "PVP Capital Ltd." (RBI registered NBFC). Within 2.5 years, PHML has achieved phenomenal success in Tamil & Telugu film financing.
In line with the vision, PVP made a bid for Deccan Chargers Team (Hyderabad franchise of Indian Premier League) and emerged as the highest bidder. PVP has recently invested in the Hyderabad franchise "Hyderabad Hotshots" of Indian Badminton League and emerged as the Winning Champions in the Inaugural season of league – 2013.
- "Management Info – PVP Ventures Ltd". Ndtv Profit.
- "Jhansi Sureddy, wife of Mr. Prasad V. Potluri". The Economic Times. 21 November 2011.
- "Interview with Prasad V. Potluri". Idlebrain.com. Jeevi. Retrieved 26 November 2011.
- "Potluri V. Prasad is an Indian entrepreneur, film financer, producer, philanthropist and educationalist". Movies Dosthana. Archived from the original on 7 March 2016. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Prasad V. Potluri Chairman & Managing Director".
- "Prasad V. Potluri BME, MES – Chairman and Managing Director, PVP Ventures Ltd". Bloomberg Businessweek.
- "CRISIL Irevna UK Limited was formerly known as Irevna Limited and changed its name to CRISIL Irevna UK Limited in June 2012". 22 October 2013. Archived from the original on 9 October 2012. Retrieved 28 October 2013. Cite journal requires
- "CRISIL IREVNA UK LIMITED : Crisil Irevna UK Limited was incorporated on 15 Nov 2000 and is located in London. The company's status is listed as "Live" and it currently has 3 directors. It was founded by Selvan Kulandai Swamy, Prasad Veera Potluri. Crisil Irevna UK Limited employed 50–99 people. They have one subsidiary, Coalition Development Limited". Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- "About Irevna UK Limited : Irevna UK Limited was registered on 03 May 2001 with its registered office in London. The business has a status listed as "Dissolved" and it had 2 directors at the time it closed. It was founded by Kulandaiswamy Selvan, Prasad Veera Potluri. Irevna UK Limited has no subsidiaries". DueDil Limited. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 31 August 2002.
- "SSI to acquire US firm in $64-m stock, cash deal". The Hindu Business Line (Archive.is). 18 September 2000. Archived from the original on 11 October 2013.
- "SSI to acquire US firm in $64-m stock, cash deal". The Hindu Business Line. 18 September 2000.
- "Prasad V. Potluri is the Chairman & Co-founder of Irevna Ltd., a leading business information research services organization". Maven Corp.com. Archived from the original on 28 October 2013.
- "Maven Corp.com – About Us – Team Maven – Prasad V. Potluri". Maven Corp.com.
- "Karvy to sell 21.82 pc to NRI". The Hindu Business Line. 10 October 2001.
- Mukherjee, Ambarish (10 October 2001). "ONE of the largest capital market intermediaries in the country, Hyderabad-based Karvy Consultants Ltd, plans to sell 21.82 per cent of the company's stake to US-based NRI investor and promoter of Procon Inc., Mr. Prasad V Potluri, for a consideration of Rs 1,84,61,560". The Hindu Business Line. Archived from the original on 28 October 2013.
- "Sebi vs Karvy Stock Broking Ltd". Indiankanoon.org. Archived from the original on 28 October 2013. Retrieved 27 June 2007.
- "Prasad V. Potluri Chairman & Managing Director". PVP Ventures Official Website. www.pvpglobal.com.
- "PVP Ventures Ltd. | BSE Code: 517556". profit.ndtv.com.
- "PVP Ventures | NSE: PVP". Moneycontrol.com.
- "BK05 PVP VENTURES LD GDS (REPR 1/10 OF 1 COM STK INR10)(144A)". londonstockexchange.com. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "India's largest organized media capital house – PVP Cinema will be working with Pawan Kalyan for his next movie after Gabbar Singh 2". Andhra Times Blog. Archived from the original on 15 October 2013.
- "PVP Cinema announces 5 biggies". Telugucinema.com. 26 November 2011. Archived from the original on 26 February 2012. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- "Pawan Kalyan To Do a Film For PVP Cinema". indiaglitz.com. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- "PVP Cinema, one of the India's leading media and entertainment house, which has delivered quality and cutting edge entertainment believes this project will be one of their most ambitious film". 18 June 2013.
- "Prasad V Potluri Siddhartha Institute of Technology – Courses & Details". hyderabadspider.com. Archived from the original on 11 September 2016. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "P.V.P. Siddhartha Institute of Technology (PVPSIT), Vijaywada is approved by AICTE and affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University". htcampus.com.
- "Prasad V. Potluri Siddhartha Institute of Technology, established in 1998 at Vijayawada". jagranjosh.com. Archived from the original on 17 February 2018. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Our Chairman, is a Patron of L V Prasad Eye Institute. A comprehensive eye health facility headquartered at Hyderabad". www.pvpglobal.com.
- "Hyderabad group to own Hotshots in IBL". Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "PVP Group buys IBL's Hyderabad franchise". ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "PVP Group owns Hyderabad Hotshots in Indian Badminton League". sports.ndtv.com. Archived from the original on 27 June 2013. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "RCM Technologies, Inc. History | Michigan, accounted for 12.9 percent of RCM revenues in 1985". fundinguniverse.com.
- "SSI Ltd has acquired the US-based Albion Orion Company in a cash-and-stock deal worth .65 million, the largest cross-border acquisition by an Indian IT company". moneycontrol.com.
- "Albion Orion goodwill drags SSI bottomline". thehindubusinessline.in. BLFeedback.
- "Crisil buys Irevna for Rs 43 cr". thehindubusinessline.in. Retrieved 19 October 2004.
- "Crisil Capital Markets". indiainfoline.com. Archived from the original on 1 November 2013. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- "Picturehouse Media Ltd (PICT.BO)". reuters.com. in.reuters.com.
- "Picturehouse Media Ltd. BSE:532355". economictimes.indiatimes.com.
- "Hyderabad-based PVP Ventures to bid for new IPL franchise". cricketcountry.com. 23 October 2012.
- "Deccan Chargers rejects Rs 900 cr bid". firstpost.com. 13 September 2012.
- "PVP Group owns Hyderabad Hotshots in IBL". zeenews.india.com. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "PVP Group owns Hyderabad Hotshots in Indian Badminton League". sports.ndtv.com. 19 June 2013.
- "PVP Group buys IBL's Hyderabad franchise". ibnlive.in.com.
- "PVP Group buys first IBL franchise". deccanherald.com. 19 June 2013.
- "Indian Badminton League 2013: Hyderabad Hotshots win IBL title". ibnlive.in.com.
- "Hyderabad Hotshots win inaugural IBL title". news.oneindia.in. 1 September 2013.
- "Hyderabad are the Hotshots of the IBL". thehindu.com. 1 September 2013.
- "IBL: Saina-led Hyderabad Hotshots defeat Awadhe Warriors 3-1 to win title". dnaindia.com. 31 August 2013.
- "PVP Group's gesture to world chess champ". 4 June 2013.
- "Pvp joins YCP likely to contest Vijayawada MP seat".
- "Lok Sabha polls 2019: Full list of YSRCP candidates in Andhra Pradesh".