Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation
|Koneru Lakshmaiah College of Engineering, K L University|
|Type||Deemed to be University|
|Chancellor||Dr. S.S. Mantha|
K L University (Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation, KLEF), is an educational institution (Deemed to be University) located in the Vaddeswaram, Guntur District of Andhra Pradesh, India with its Head Office Located in Vijayawada, India It consists of 11 academic departments and six schools, with emphasis on scientific and technological research.
Established in 1985, the college is located on a 100-acre (40 ha) site adjacent to Buckingham Canal, and is about 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) from Vijayawada in Krishna District and 20 km from Guntur City. The institution is recognised by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi, has been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation, and is certified by ISO 9001 - 2015. The institution is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council with A++ grade on 2 November 2018.
- 1 History
- 2 Location
- 3 Mission & Vision
- 4 Departments
- 5 Schools
- 6 College of Sciences and Humanities
- 7 Others
- 8 Academic research division
- 9 Academics
- 10 Campus
- 11 Campus Facilities and Student Life
- 12 Other Campus Facilities
- 13 Student housing
- 14 Transportation
- 15 Industry interaction
- 16 Accreditation
- 17 Industry Collaborated Labs
- 18 Placements
- 19 Hobby Clubs
- 20 Rankings
- 21 Hallmarks
- 22 Awards
- 23 References
The college was established in 1980 at Vaddeswaram by the late Sri Koneru Lakshmaiah and Sri K. Satyanarayana. Sri K. Lakshmaiah, who graduated from BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore, came up with the idea of establishing an engineering college to rectify the local scarcity of engineers.
One of the objectives of establishing the institute was to develop facilities of education in a variety of specialised engineering and technological sciences. Establishing adequate facilities for postgraduate studies and research was a focal point for the founding years.
The Koneru Lakshmaiah Charities was established as a trust in the year 1980 with its official address at Museum Road, Governorpet, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh – 520 002 and started KL College of Engineering in the Academic year 1980-81. The trust was converted into a society by the name Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation in the year 1996. The KL College of Engineering has attained autonomous status in the year 2006 and in February 2009, the Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation Society was recognized as Deemed to be University. In short Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation is named as K L Deemed to be University.
Vijayawada is located on the banks of river Krishna in the state of Andhra Pradesh and has been historically a cultural, political and educational center. The city is well connected by both national highway and rail. Vijayawada is about 400 km from Chennai, 275 km from Hyderabad and 385 km from Visakhapatnam, and also is a major junction for all trains running from north to south. The city is also well connected with daily flights to & from Hyderabad and Bangalore.
K L Deemed to be University is situated in a spacious 100-acre campus in a built-up area of around 15,00,000 Sq Ft. on the banks of Buckingham Canal of river Krishna, eight kilometers from Vijayawada city. Built within a rural setting of verdant green fields, the institute is a virtual paradise of pristine nature and idyllic beauty. The campus has been aptly named "Green Fields" and the splendid avenue of trees and gardens bear testimony to the importance of ecology and environment. The campus ambience is most befitting for scholastic pursuits.
Our vision is to be a globally renowned research and knowledge-driven institution.
The mission of the KL University is to serve the citizens of India and the world through excellence in teaching, research, applying knowledge, imparting values, stimulating creativity, igniting innovation and grooming leaders who will aspire to enrich the present and future generations.
The college was started with four streams in 1980, but now offers nine programmes in the undergraduate courses and five programmes in post-graduate courses. KLEF was the first engineering college in Andhra Pradesh to start an Industrial and Production Engineering branch in undergraduate courses and to have an NBA accreditation for Biotechnology. It has a plinth area of 38,045 square metres (409,510 sq ft).
There are various programs offered by KL University.
College of EngineeringEdit
- Bio - Technology (BT)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Electronics and Computer Engineering (ECM)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
College of ArchitectureEdit
- Architecture (B.Arch)
- CE - STRUCTURAL
- CE - GIO INFO
- CE - ENERGY & ENVIRON
- CE - CONST TECH MGT
- CSE - ML & COMP
- CSE - DFCS
- ECE - VLSI
- ECE - R & C
- ECE - AS
- ECM - ES
- EEE - PE & D
- EEE - PS
- ME - THERMAL
- ME - ROBOTICS
- ME - MD
==KLEF Business School== have no independent administration
|BBA with MBA||5 years|
|MBA||2 years if there is no minimum attendance 85% (75%<cond>85%)(detained<75%=>16000 for each subject and separate one-month classes again internals and attendance considered for final exam)||
DEPARTMENT OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT
- 3 years B.Sc Degree in Hotel Management
DEPARTMENT OF FINE ARTS
- 3 year B.Sc Visual Communications
College of Sciences and HumanitiesEdit
- College of Law
- College of Pharmacy
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Computer Applications
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of English
- Bachelor of Arts-IAS
Academic research divisionEdit
- Ph.D. in Engineering include Bio-Technology, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering, Electronics & Computer Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering
- M.Phil. or Ph.D. in Sciences, Management & Humanities, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Management, Commerce & English
The faculty to student ratio is 1:15. Faculty of the college number 1180+, out of which 500+ are doctorates and more than 500+ are pursuing their PhD.
The Institute offers bridge courses to the students coming from disadvantaged backgrounds to make them competent to take up the courses on a par with other students. The Institute is recognized as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by DSIR, Government of India for its research environment.
K L Education Foundation's 100-acre (40 ha) campus is located 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) from Vijayawada and 20 km from Guntur City, on the banks of the Buckingham Canal of Krishna River. The developed area is approximately 1,200,000 square feet (110,000 m2).
K L Deemed to be University is an unsurpassed networked campus in India. Campus wide network is established with Hi speed Fiber Optic backbone.
- 10 Gbit/s ILL + 1Gbit/s NKN Internet Connectivity.
- Round-the-clock Internet connection.
- Internet connectivity for hostels.
- Total Wi–Fi (AC/B/G/N) enabled campus.
- e – Learning facilities.
- Dedicated support team.
- 74 Academic labs, 25 Research labs, 6 Industry collaboration labs and 4 Centers of excellence in various departments equipped with latest and state of the art equipment and Software.
- Every department is having identified research center/research lab for conducting advanced Research.
- Indoor Auditorium with 1500 capacity.
- World class conventional center with 400,380 X 5, 250 X 4,180,60 & 60 capacity airconditioned halls and one 550 capacity non-AC seminar hall.
- Adequate number of classrooms are available.
- A spacious canteen with latest equipment and hygienic environment which provides quality food and prompts service and caters to needs of all the students and staff.
- Central and department libraries with a seating capacity of 1500.
- Indoor stadium with all modern facilities.
- Facilities for out door games including Cricket, Volleyball, Basketball, Tennis, Netball, Beach Volleyball, Tennicoit, etc.
- 100% power backup facility.
The campus consists of an indoor stadium, with all indoor sports (Table tennis, Shuttle badminton) and all are housed in first floor. Separate ground for football not yet used, cricket and athletics, and separate courts for all types of games such as basketball, tennis and netball. Separate Gym for boys & girls but not at all are used.
Campus Facilities and Student LifeEdit
The annual cultural festival, Surabhi, is held in February. It is a two-day event, featuring games, exhibitions, competitions and musical concerts AND encourage students.
The annual Science & Technology national level festival of K L Education Foundation, Samyak, is held in October every year and is one of the largest of its kind in Andhra Pradesh.
The Central Library of KLEF holds a large number of materials to serve the whole KLEF community. It holds materials relevant to the Engineering, Science & Humanities courses offered by the KLEF, and includes Agricultural Engineering, Pharmacy, Law and specialist books and journals.
The library system contains more than one lakh and fifty thousand books, and five hundred hard copy of periodicals on all subjects related to the teaching and research interests of the KLEF staff and students. The library has over 21,300 electronic journal titles, academic databases and about 30 lakhs eBooks which includes World E-Books Collection. Access is available on campus on student computers and remotely.
K L encourages students to explore their latent talents by providing World Class Sports and Games facilities. The institute is equipped with the following:
|S.No||Indoor Facilities||No. of Courts/Boards||S.No||Outdoor Facilities||No. of Courts/Fields||Plus Points|
|State-of-the-Art Indoor Stadium of 30000 Sq. Ft|
|1||Badminton (Synthetic)||4||1||Athletics (Track & Field)||1||
|4||Gymnasium||2||4||Cricket/ Football/ Hockey||1|
|5||Table Tennis||8||5||Cricket Practice nets||3|
|6||Power Lifting||---||6||Hand Ball||1|
|8||Wushu||---||8||Kho - Kho||1|
|10||Yoga & Meditation centre||---||10||Tennis||2|
Details of Achievements and student participation in games and sports at different LevelsEdit
|Level||Details||2013-2014||2014-2015||2015 - 2016||2016 -2017||2017-2018|
|TOTAL ANY OTHER||0||3||0||6||2|
The University is "student-centric". A separate “ Student Welfare” division is instituted to provide immediate solutions for various student problems. This division looks after the student discipline, hostels, transportation, canteen, sports and extra-curricular activities of students, social service wing, NSS, scholarships, cultural activities, hobby clubs, health center, special counseling & career guidance, imparting the life skills to the students, etc. inside the campus. This division mainly helps the students in their personality development and acquisition of social skills in tandem with professional expertise.
The campus is a self-sufficient enclave with blacktop & well-lit roads. Its facilities include STD/ISD pay phones, fax, courier service, a bookstore for all kinds of textbooks, stationery, copier facilities, laundry facilities, and a digital photo studio. 100% Standby power generators are provided inside the campus and hostels. A cable television facility is also provided in hostels.
- Indoor stadium / Seminar hall covers an area of 3506 Sq. M
- Backup generators for the entire University and hostels with a total capacity of 1160 KVA
- Dispensary and a vehicle for emergency
- Post Office
- Protected drinking water
- Canteen with an area of 1500 Sq. M.
- Covered parking facility for vehicles
- Accommodation to limited faculty
- Computer facility for all faculty members
- A Guest house in the Campus and another in the city
- Dispensary – Routine checkup/treatment by two physicians.
- Round the clock security
- Common Rooms for Students
- ATM Facility
- A fleet of 70 Buses (including 2 A/C buses)
- NSS unit
- Extension Activities
Open Air TheatreEdit
The college has an open-air auditorium, with a seating capacity of 4500 for conducting various cultural activities throughout the year.r.
A full-fledged health center with all the facilities is established to cater to the needs of the students, staff & faculty, and to the general public in the adopted villages. It consists of three doctors (Homoeopathy, Ayurvedic & Allopathy). An ambulance is made available round the clock for any emergencies. K L Deemed to be University has an MOU with a multi-specialty hospital.
Counselling & Career GuidanceEdit
A special Counseling Cell consisting of professional student counselors, psychologists, senior professors counsels/helps students in preparing themselves to cope with studies, perform well in the tests & various competitions. A group of 20 students are allotted to a senior faculty member who counsels them regularly and acts as their mentor.
- A group of 20 students are allotted to a senior faculty member who counsels them regularly and acts as their mentor.
Social Service WingEdit
K L Deemed to be University has a social service wing, which channelizes the social service activities of the faculty, staff, and students. The university adopted 5 nearby villages and conducts activities like medical camps, literacy camps and educates the villagers towards hygiene and health care on a regular basis.
NSS Wing of InstituteEdit
Regularly organizes blood donation camps, blood grouping camps, fund collection and distribution to poor children and old age homes, distribution of old clothes and free medicines to slum dwellers, tree plantations, AIDS awareness program, teaching basic computer skills to a target group of 500 people in villages.
Wholly and solely managed by the students, the clubs have in the past contributed much to the cultural life of the campus and to the cultural evolution of the students, A number of student bodies and clubs operate in the campus like music society, dance club, drama society, literary and debating club, English press club, drawing club, painting club, mime club, computer club etc. Students manage entire activities and budget of the organization for the entire semester in advance. Around 4000 students are the active members of the Hobby Clubs.
Life Skills and Inner EngineeringEdit
Along with the regular programs, every student admitted into K L University undergoes a one-week special life skills /orientation program. Strict regularity, implicit obedience, courtesy in speech and conduct, cleanliness in dress and person is expected of each student.
SAMYAK, the technical festival and project exhibition is organized in the odd semester (October) every year to elicit innovative ideas and technical skills of the students from in and around Andhra Pradesh.
SURABHI, the cultural festival is organized in the even semester (February) every year. It provides a good platform for students to exhibit their talents and creativity.
Convention Centers & Seminar HallsEdit
Separate Seminar Halls for staff and students with all the facilities
|Air conditioned Seminar Hall||400|
|5 Air conditioned Seminar Halls||380 each|
|4 Air conditioned Seminar Halls||250 each|
|Air conditioned Seminar Hall||180|
|Non A/C Seminar Hall||550|
|Open Air Auditorium||4500|
|A/C Faculty Conference Hall||60|
|A/C Management Conference Hall||60|
Safety on CampusEdit
The welfare of staff and students is top priority in K L U campus at all times. Adequate safety measures are followed throughout the campus in the best possible manner with well-trained security guards. Sophisticated fire alarm systems and foam type fire extinguishers are strategically positioned throughout the campus. Training in safety and first aid is conducted periodically for the staff and students.
Separate hostel facilities are available for both male and female students:
- K L Deemed to be University has separate hostels for girls and boys with well-furnished rooms and modern amenities. The overall atmosphere is very conducive for the students to concentrate on studies and research.
- A state of the art kitchen and spacious dining area has been provided for all the hostels.
- Generators have been provided as power back up.
- Emphasis has been laid on hygiene and cleanliness for healthy living. A customized menu caters to the student needs and it keeps changing according to their tastes.
- Teaching staff will have to address academic and personal problems of the students.
- Round-the-clock security, communication, dispensary facilities are also available.
- Wi-Fi enabled hostels.
Facilities in Hostel
Protected drinking water, state of the art kitchen, dining hall, newspapers, telephones, toilets and bathrooms are well maintained. Every student in the hostel is provided with a cot, study table, chair and a rack. Fan and light are also provided in each room.
- Gas & Steam based hygienic food preparation
- Palatable regional, national and international cuisines
- Cleanliness and Safety
- STD/ISD Facilities
- Medical Kits and First Aid Boxes
- Soft drinks, snacks, Fruits etc.
- Stationary shop
- Foreign nationals/NRI/PIOs feel at home in hostels
- The institution runs 84 non-A/C buses 02 A/C buses covering all the important points in Vijayawada City, Guntur, Tenali, Mangalagiri, Vuyyuru, Kankipadu & Dondapadu (via Thullur) with a total seating capacity of 4400 students in two shifts.
- Ambulance Service is available 24 hrs in case of any emergency in the institute/hostels.
- Transportation is available for conducting Industrial visits, Educational tours and Special tours, etc.
- Regular transport facility is available to Vijayawada and Guntur up to 8:10 p.m..
Companies have established a "virtual industry" on campus which allow the students of the Institute to do the industry projects within the campus. Full-semester industrial training is mandatory for the students through Practice School.
As part of the curriculum, K. L. E. F introduced an innovative concept of Practice School which forms an important component of education at K L E F. It is an attempt to bridge gaps between an academic institution and corporate world. The program would be a simulation of real work environment and requires students to undergo the rigor of professional setting, both in form and in substance. In the process, it provides an opportunity for students to satiate their inquisitiveness about the corporate world, exposure to practicing professional skills and also helps them acquire social skills by being in constant interaction with the professionals of an organization. During Practice School, some of the students may be offered stipend and/or job offer. This program benefits students to understand what he/she has studied in the classroom and what is being practiced in the industry.
Every student is required to undertake On-the-Job-Training (OJT) in his/her domain area along with day-to-day functions of the company, both at the assistance and the execution level. This will help the student to gain a deeper understanding of the professional work, culture, organizational targets, delivering results, work pressure, etc.
Practice School involves task orientation, teamwork, goal orientation and managing the interpersonal relationships. Therefore, it helps students to develop the qualities required by a graduate and/or a postgraduate. A good Practice School program undertaken with all the seriousness provides an excellent learning opportunity to the student and also paves the way for successful career path.
This university was given deemed status under u/s 3 of UGC Act 1956 in the year 2009. The university has NAAC accreditation of A++ Grade with a CGPA of 3.57 out of 4, valid for a period of 5 years from 02-11-2018. It is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. It is an ISO 9001 - 2015 Certified Institution.
- AICTE recognized KLEF (Deemed to be University) as the most clean campus in South Central Region.
- UGC graded KLEF (Deemed to be University) as Category-(1) University under the Categorization of Universities for grant of Graded Autonomy, and has also recognized under section 12(B) of UGC Act 1956.
- Pharmacy College is approved by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI).
- School of Architecture is approved by Council of Architecture (CoA).
- Law College is approved by BAR Council.
|S. No||Discipline||Name of the Lab||Research Group Associated|
|1.||Computer Science and Engineering||CISCO||Computer Networks and security|
|2.||Computer Science and Engineering||IBM||Software Engineering|
|3.||Computer Science and Engineering||Microsoft||Embedded Systems|
|4.||Computer Science and Engineering||Oracle||Knowledge Engineering|
|5.||Electronics Communication Engineering||NI LabVIEW||Communications Systems|
K L University has meticulously planned to make all its outgoing students employed. The University had installed the infrastructure, employed well-experienced faculty, designed and delivered programs that help enhancing the communication and soft skills which are required for making the students employable. An excellent system is in place that considers all the issues that make a student employable. The University has been successful for the last 12 years, in employing all the students who have registered and eligible for placement through its offices located across the country. About 50 trained personnel work extensively to make the students ready for recruitment by the Industry.
|Academic Year||No. of Placements|
|2018-2019||1015 (Till Date)|
List of Companies that visited the University for Placements.
- ADP Ltd.,
- Aliens Group
- Amara Raja Group
- Axis Bank Ltd
- Bajaj Capital Ltd
- CMC Ltd
- Coca-Cola Hidnustan
- Convergys Info Mgt India Pvt Ltd.,
- Cormandal International
- Cummins Ltd.,
- Design Tribe Pvt Ltd.,
- Du Pont
- Efftronics Systems Pvt. Ltd.,
- Fullutron India
- H Line Soft Info Tech Ltd.,
- HCL Comnet Ltd.,
- HDFC Bank Ltd
- HSBC Technology and Services
- IBM India Ltd
- ICICI Bank
- Idea Cellular
- iGate Patni
- Indian Navy - SSB.,
- Indusind Bank
- Infosys Technologies Pvt Ltd.,
- Infotech Ltd.,
- Vishwa Infra & Services Pvt. Ltd.,
- Wipro Technologies
- Zensar Technologies
- Innovis Telecom Services Pvt Ltd
- Intergraph Consulting pvt Ltd.,
- IOT Infra & Energy Services Ltd.,
- JRG Fin Crop
- KEC Infra,
- Kirloskar Group
- KMC Constructions
- Knoah Solutions
- L & T (ECC)
- Leep International
- Miracle Software Systems
- Medha Servo Drive Ltd.,
- Nokia Ltd.,
- NCC Ltd
- Pennar Industries Ltd
- Powermech Projects Ltd
- Ramky Enviro Engg Ltd
- Reliance Industries
- Sasken Communication Tech Ltd
- Satyam Ventures.
- Segate Software Ltd.,
- Semantic Space
- SKF India Ltd.,
- Soma Enterprise
- Shoba Developers Ltd
- Segate Software Ltd.,
- Tata International Ltd.,
- TCS Ltd
- Technosoft solutions
- Tummala Infra Pvt Ltd
- United Online Inc.
- Vijay Electricals.,
- Virtusa India Pvt Ltd.,
- Zeta Interactive
KL Deemed to be University constitutes hobby clubs established for students to pursue their interests in various extracurricular activities as part and parcel of their academics. The extracurricular activities like singing, dancing, acting, speaking, painting, fashion designing and social/community service.
The Hobby Clubs are designed to suit students’ timings without hindrance to academic work and also indirectly help them to perform well overall. Students actively participate in different events to develop team spirit and also achieve laurels and prizes for themselves and for the university. Hobby clubs have exclusive trainers along with latest and advanced instruments and facilities. Students also play an active part in the organization of the annual festivals conducted by the university such as SAMYAK and SURABHI.
More than relaxation and recreation it has been observed that students are developing their personalities to perform better during placements and in life in general. Being part of the hobby clubs will also become part as campus life memories even after college.
|S.No||Name of the Club||About the Club|
|1||Aastha Club (Service)||Social service in Rural areas.|
|2||Aarohana Club (Trekking)||Improves the spirit of adventure and fearlessness|
|3||Abhinaya Club (Dramatics)||Training in acting, Theatre of arts and personality Development.|
|4||Chitra & Chalana Chitra Club (Photography & Short film Making)||Artistic view and message photos captioning.Short film making on social awareness and culture.|
|5||Lekhana Club (Literary)||Improves the linguistic and language abilities|
|6||Maya Club (Animation)||Enhance the Graphic capabilities|
|7||Narthana Club (Dance)||Training student in traditional and western dance.|
|8||Prakruthi Club (Nature)||Promoting Environment, Clean & green training.|
|9||Samskruthi Club (Ethics)||Promoting & preserving Indian Culture and traditions.|
|10||Sodhana Club (Research)||Enhance Research skills.|
|11||Swara Club (Music)||Western music trainings, Instrumental training & mixing of songs.|
|12||Vachas Club (Speaking)||Literary activities like debate, I.Q test, speeches etc..,|
|13||Varna Club (Painting)||Drawing techniques usage of water colours, permanent colours wood, cloths training.|
|14||Vayana Club (Knitting & Embroidery)||Training in embroidery, knitting and designing.|
|15||Yantrana (Technical)||Enhance the innovation spirit.|
|General – India|
|NIRF (Overall) (2018)||83|
|NIRF (Universities) (2018)||56|
|Business/Management – India|
- NIRF 2019 Rankings:
- #50 in University
- #52 in Engineering
- #58 in Management
- #74 Overall
- NIRF 2018 Rankings:
- #46 in Management
- #49 in Engineering
- #56 in University
- #83 Overall
- NIRF 2017 Rankings:
- #68 in Engineering
- NIRF 2016 Rankings:
- #59 in Engineering
- MHRD - KLEF (Deemed to be University) achieved All India 2nd Rank under SWACCTHA Institute Rankings 2017 under Technical Institutions / Universities.
- KLEF (Deemed to be University) campus got 1st rank under Universities (Private) Category at A.P. Green Awards by Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- KLEF (Deemed to be University) got 1st Rank in Andhra Pradesh by Australian based Organization - UniRank-2018.
- In other hand no student friendly rules but friendly they relatives to administration or faculties, politicians.
- NAAC A++ Grade with 3.57 CGPA on 4-point scale
- CATEGORY-1 University by UGC under the categorization of universities for grant of Graded Autonomy
- UGC Recognized under section 12B of UGC Act 1956
- Approved by MHRD & UGC (Under Section 3 of UGC act 1956)
- ISO 9001 - 2015 Certified Institution
- Recognized as a Public Funded Research Institute by DSIR of Government of India, a recognition for the excellent research environment in the institute
- Faculty Student Ratio 1:14.67
- Mentor for every 20 students to counsel academic & personal problems
- Communication & Soft Skills (CSS) Dept. with more than 40 professional trainers
- Member of the prestigious “All India Virtual Class Room" initiated by MHRD. This network enables the students to make use of virtual class rooms, virtual laboratories, online journal sharing, video conference lectures and many more with the help of 1 Gbit/s bandwidth
- An advisory board in every department with top academicians from IITs & foreign universities and eminent personalities from the industry
- Strong Industry Relations & Placement Department (IRP) with 100% Placement record for the past 9 years
- Freshman Engineering Dept. (FED) A unique feature for 1st year engineering students
- A separate student welfare & guidance division headed by dean-student welfare
- 74 academic laboratories, 25 research laboratories, 6 industry collaboration labs and 4 Centers of Excellence
- India's 1st Wi-fi ‘n’ enabled campus among academic institutions
- 10 Gbit/s ILL + 1Gbit/s NKN Hi-speed internet connectivity 24/7 across the campus & hostels
- 100% ragging free environment
- e-Learning mode of teaching
- Entrepreneurship Cell in association with IIT Madras & IIM Ahmedabad
- Yoga and meditation classes for students
- Technology forums & hobby clubs for students
- International standard infrastructure for indoor/outdoor games & sports
- Complete communication setup with a PCO/STD/ISD, Fax & Post Office
- On-campus Banking/ATM facilities provided by State Bank of India
- Guest house facilities on-campus & downtown
- Research oriented problem solving techniques
- "Indian Education Network has awarded K L as "Best Higher Education Institute for Skill Development "at 6th Skill Development Summit 2018.
- OUTLOOK & Drshti Engineering College Survey 2018 has awarded K L College of Engineering as No.1 Private Engineering College in Andhra Pradesh State.
- Higher Education Review Survey 2018 has awarded K L as No.1 Deemed University in Andhra Pradesh State.
- K L Campus got 1St Rank under Universities (Private) Category at AP Green Awards announced by Govt. of Andhra Pradesh.
- India Today Magazine Survey 2018 has ranked K L as 9th Best Private University in India.
- Times Engineering Institute Ranking 2018 has awarded K L College of Engineering as No.1 Engineering Institute in Andhra Pradesh State & Telangana.
- Carrers 360 had endorseD K L with AAAA+ rating for the year 2018.
- 1st Rank in Andhra Pradesh (AP) by Australia based organization - uniRank "2018 Indian University Ranking".
- "Most Clean Campus in South Central Region" by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) - Clean Campus Awards 2017.
- All India 2nd Rank among Technical Institutions by Ministry of Human resource Development (MHRD)-Swacctha Institute Rankings -2017.
- 1st Rank among Top Private Engineering Institutes in Andhra Pradesh (AP) and Telangana (TS) states ,4th Rank In South India and 8th Rank at All India level-i3RC Times Top 100 Private Engineering Institute Rankings 2017.
- 5 Star rating in 2017 by "The Pioneer" for being the best private university of India
- 6th Rank amongst the top private universities of India by Higher Education Review in 2017.
- 5th Rank for providing High Quality Placements amongst the top private universities of India by Higher Education Review in 2017.
- 1st Rank among all private sector engineering colleges in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states as per National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2016 & 2017.
- K L E F's Center for Innovation, Incubation, and Entrepreneurship (CIIE) bagged the National Business and Service Excellence Award 2016.
- "Global Best Practices in Education" Award at the sixth edition of the World Education Summit 2016 (WES 2016) held in Dubai.
- Rated No.7 among India's non-governmental universities according to Top 20 Private Universities Rankings 2016 by Silicon India.
- The Best Private Technical University in Asia at the Asian Education Excellence Awards 2015, organized by CMO Asia at Singapore - Aug 2015.
- Top 10 in India and Top 5 in South India among all private technical universities in the country by India's popular news magazine the Week, 2015.
- The Best Private University in South India by Brands Academy for Excellence in Education, 2015.
- K L E F's engineering college KLCE's Outcomes Based Education (OBE) methodology, has been named the Best Innovation in Higher Education in India at the World Education Summit 2015.
- Ranked No.1 private engineering college in both Telangana State (TS) and Andhra Pradesh by the Times of India, 2015.
- K L E F's engineering college KLCE was ranked Top 18 private engineering college in India by i3RC Times Survey, 2015.
- KL Business School (KLUBS) was ranked top 10 among premier, non-IIM B-Schools in India by the Dainik Bhaskar, the largest Hindi daily in India, 2014.
- "Best Private University" in South India at "The Global Education Excellence Awards 2013" for demonstrating Exemplary Excellence, Innovation and Creativity in the sector.
- WCRC Leaders Asia Excellence Award for the year 2012-2013 by world consulting and research corporation (WCRC).
- Best Educational Institute in Engineering under Asian Education Leadership Awards -2012 held at Dubai on 25th September, 2012.
- Best Software Center of Excellence (COE) Award from IBM Company for the year 2011 at TGMC held in Bangalore on 25th July 2012 for "Imparting Quality Technical Education "
- "Schools". kluniversity.in. K L University. 2009. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "Vision and Mission".
- "Departments of KL University". Collegesearch.in.
- "Introduction to K L U". kluniversity.in. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- "Campus Facilties".
- "Central Library".
- "Campus Facilities".
- "Hostel Facilities".
- "Practice School".
- "Clean Campus Award 2017". Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "KL University gets UGC Category-1 status". Retrieved 13 December 2018.
- "Hobby Clubs".
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Overall)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Universities)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018. Retrieved 3 April 2018.