Prasad Bidapa is a Bangalore based fashion stylist and choreographer for various fashion events and shows. He is known to be a fashion consultant, choreographer, image consultant and stylist.
Prasad Bidapa has choreographed and presented some of the biggest fashion shows in the country. He has presented shows like Rajasthan Heritage Week, Kingfisher Fashion Awards and India Men’s Fashion Awards. He has also been on the jury panel of the Lakme Fashion week. He has worked with many top names in the Indian fashion industry and he runs a training school for models. He is reputed to have a gift for spotting talent and he has picked and groomed top models who have gone on to make it big in the fashion industry and even in movies. Deepika Padukone, Lara Dutta, Anushka Sharma and Dino Morea were some of his finds. His projects like the Rajasthan Heritage Week, Karnataka Fashion Week, the Prasad Bidapa Megamodel Hunt and Colombo Fashion Week are held annually. He appeared on the cover of India Today in January 1998 as one of India's most influential Style Entrepreneurs. In 2010 he was nominated as one of Bangalore’s 25 most influential people. He is currently the trustee of B.PAC, the Bangalore Political Action Committee. The Prasad Bidapa Fashion Week Bangalore was held in February 2013 for the first time. Prasad Bidapa Associates organized and staged the Official Swimwear Fashion Week of Sri Lanka and Fashion week of Bangladesh for three years. Rajasthan Heritage Week has set a benchmark in the revival of Khadi and the traditional textiles of India for which he has become one of the most influential spokespersons. He is an avid environmentalist and works with many citizen groups active in protecting the city of Bengaluru.
Prasad Bidapa is originally from the Kodagu, Karnataka region. He is married and has two children. His wife Judith, or Judi as she is popularly known, used to be a school teacher and worked at the Mallya Aditi International School. She is also an avid equestrian and owns several horses at the Embassy International Riding School near Bangalore city. Judith and Prasad Bidappa have two children, Adam and Aviva Bidapa. He lives with his family at a farm in Yelahanka with ten dogs and a cat.
- "On the lookout for fresh faces". Deccan Herald. DHNS. 27 August 2014. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- "Fashion Show With a Difference". Indian Express. Express News Service. 26 August 2014. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- "INDIA: [LFW] Six new faces from Bengaluru at Lakme Fashion Week From BharatTextile: http://www.bharattextile.com/newsitems/2013184#ixzz3Bn6lFoKF". bharattextile.com. Retrieved 29 August 2014. External link in
- "Working holiday". Bangalore Mirror. Bangalore Mirror Bureau. 19 August 2014. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- Madur. "The Style Guru – Prasad Bidappa". Karnataka.com. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- "Prasad Bidapa". www.prasadbidapa.com. Prasad Bidapa. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- "Prasad Bidapa - Choroegrapher". India Times (Shoot). Retrieved 29 August 2014.