This article includes a list of general references, but it remains largely unverified because it lacks sufficient corresponding inline citations. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pothys is a chain of textile showrooms in South India. Originally they exclusively sold silk sarees, but today all types of garments are sold. The flagship store in Chennai is called Pothys' Palace.
|Headquarters||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
Number of locations
|Tirunelveli, Srivilliputtur,Coimbatore,Salem, Chennai, Madurai, Nagercoil, Trivandrum , Puducherry, portonovo, Trichy and Bengaluru|
|Owner||K.V.P. Sadayandi Moopanar|
Pothys (stylised as POTHYS) was established in 1923 by K.V.Pothy Moopanar under the name Pothy Moopanar to sell cotton sarees and dhotis woven on his own loom. K.V. Pothy Moopanar born in Srivilliputhur belongs to a heritage family of Weavers.
In 1977, his son K V.P.Sadayandi Moopanar was able to establish the name and expand the outfit with a self-styled retail showroom at Srivilliputhur, re-christened 'POTHYS' . Their next showroom was opened in 1986 in Tirunelveli.
Pothy Moopanar's children and grand children run the business today.
Hurun Report ranked Sadayandi Moopanar as 260th richest Indian with ₹2,800 crore fortune in its 2017 list.
- "pothys official website:over 90 yrs".
- 1923 Madras Presidency Legislative Council election
- "History". Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "Silk sarees: Wedding silk sarees / Kanchipuram silk sarees / Arani Silks / Online shopping for silk sarees / Silk sarees in Chennai". www.pothys.com. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "Tamil Nadu Government Portal". www.tn.gov.in. Retrieved 15 September 2015.